Chapter 42

After the three shows in Vegas, everyone got to go home to LA for a few days before the band had to jet off to Japan. I checked the tour schedule for the band and they weren't playing in California until January 26, so I decided I would just stay home and focus on my music and acting. It's really hard to leave everyone, especially Rocky, again because I'm so used to being with them, but I have a career to focus on.

Right now we are at the airport, dropping off the band so they can go to Japan.

"I'm gonna miss you," I say to Rocky, as I hug him.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but we've been apart for a longer time before," Rocky says.

"I know but, we just got engaged and that just makes me miss you more," I sigh.

"We'll make it through babe, we'll live. It's the 8th now and we will be back the 23rd. That's 15 days. 2 weeks and a day," He tells me.

"Okay fine, I'll see you in 15 days," I say. I give him and quick kiss before saying goodbye to the rest of the band. They go to their terminal and that's when the girlfriend's and I leave the airport.

I drive home to my apartment and I sit on my couch. I pull out my laptop and sign in. If I said I'm staying home for work, then I'm going to do some damn work.

As I'm checking my emails I hear my phone go off. I check it and it's a text from Katie saying to call her. Wow, I haven't spoken to her since like July.

"Mayleen Raen, where have you been?" Katie yells at me.

"I've been on tour and working," I reply.

"But you haven't called or texted me," She says.

"I know, I'm really sorry. Why don't you come over and we can catch up and hang out," I suggest.

"Sure, text me your address," Katie agrees. I hang up the phone and send her my address. After I text her I quickly go into my bedroom to get dressed because I don't want to have her over while I'm in my sweats and a sweater.

 After I text her I quickly go into my bedroom to get dressed because I don't want to have her over while I'm in my sweats and a sweater

I get dressed and add my accessories and I make sure to slip my ring on before going back out into my living room. After about 5 minutes of playing on my phone, she finally arrives and I buzz her up to my apartment and wow, she looks different.

"Katie, girl, look at you!" I say, engulfing her in a hug.

"I know, I've changed so much, you...well you've stayed the same," She says, hugging me back.

"Thanks," I shake my head and we let go.

"Well I'm bored, wanna do something fun?" Katie asks before I can even shut the door.

"Like what? Go to a club, get a tattoo, go sky diving," I answer, listing off different crazy options.

"Yeah! I've been wanting to get a tattoo forever, and I know you have too," She smirks. I look down and I hear her gasp, "You still have it picked out. I knew it!"

"Damn it Katie, you always get me. Well I'll grab my keys and let's go," I tell her. I run and grab my keys from the couch and we leave my apartment, "We can go to the place Rocky goes to."

"Speaking of Rocky, how have you two been?" She asks, her signature smirk crawling onto her face, "I mean, I'd have to be blind not to notice that huge rock on your finger."

"Oh, this little thing?" I show her the ring and she squeals, "Geez Katie, calm your tits. We just got engaged about a week ago."

"About a week ago!" Katie yells in tone of the song, "About a week ago! My BFF got engaged to her BF."

"Shut up and get in the car," I tell her.

A/N Hey guys so this is very much a filler chapter. I didn't have many ideas and I thought I would bring Katie back because she hasn't been in this book since like Chapter 10.

Anyway, I hope y'all liked this chapter. Keep reading for more.