Chapter 4

SAM AND TRAVIS

Sam showed up at the restaurant and saw Travis already sitting down at the table. He waved at her and pulled out the chair for her to sit down.

              Sam smirk and said "sorry for being late, did you already order?" Just then a waiter comes to the table to bring them both waters and asked if they needed time to decide what they want to eat. Sam responded "Can I get a coffee?"

           Travis replied "Same" The waiter writes everything down and leaves the table.

            Travis started off the conversation with "Sam, I don't want you to get hurt. My boss seems serious about getting the house. Please just do what he says and leave...."

              Sam seriously responded "Travis, this whole thing seems suspicious like everything is happening too fast. This doesn't seem like his first time in this situation. Travis, I am the most basic person you could ever meet. I write books and drink coffee for a living. Then the rat thing happened and all of you just dropped in my life. So forgive me if I don't want to sell my house." 

          Travis looked down with a sad expression and sighed. Travis replied "I completely understand that... especially since that was our first time meeting."

        Sam responded "How long have you worked there..at the company?"

            Travis replied " 5 years..I think, the timing is blurring right now. Pue Dexter actually saved me. I was just coming out of high school and my grandfather just died from the FKB-218. I was in a bad place at the time. My bills kept piling up and I was close to losing the house. Pue showed up at the right time. He offered me a job and I accepted it. He have taught me so much.. So much that I can't repay him in this lifetime. He may seem like an overbearing person, but deep down .. he is a good person. This is the first time for me in this situation. I have heard other stories that was similar to this. "

         Sam responded "Wow you seem to really care about him. The way you describe him and my first time meeting him is totally different. What are some of the stories you heard?"

          Travis sighed and leaned back in the chair. He said " This kind of thing has happened before, but in different cities or so they think... my boss would find something wrong with the house and ask them to move out. Most of them moved out, but it was one couple .. wait no. I shouldn't be telling you this!"

           Sam responded "You have to tell me, I need to know because that may happen to me or my sister. I am scared out of my mind right now with everything that happened." The waiter brought them their coffee.

        The waiter said "Regulations make me tell you that we use water alternatives to make coffee. It is absolutely safe for you to drink. If you want to learn more about it or have any questions then visit our website!" The waiter gives them their metal straws and leaves the table. Sam thanked the waiter.

       Travis said "the couple disappeared, the company don't know what happened to them. The police are still looking for them...I asked my boss about it and he just shooed me away. He didn't look worried at all."

           Sam responded "doesn't that worry you.... like a normal person would at least acknowledge them and feel something. Look Travis, you seem like a nice guy so instead of just telling me to move out, how about you help me? What was that creature in my home? Is there a possibility of more of them popping up in my home? Are they dangerous?"

                Travis replied "The higher ups don't tell me anything. But people talk and all I know is that they really want your house. They don't seem scared, but they seem anxious to get the house. I don't have the answers to the rest of the questions Sam. I will try to help you by asking around, but don't expect too much."

                 Sam said "Travis, thank you for helping me out. You don't have to since we don't really know each other." Sam reached her hand out toward Travis and muttered "I consider you a valuable friend. If you ever need help, then please call me and I will do what I can to help you."

                 Travis replied "Sam please don't tell anyone about the rat. My boss doesn't want anyone to know. He doesn't want to cause any panic between the citizens. Please do it as a favor for me."

               Sam smiled at him and responded with "Ask me anything else except that Travis. I won't tell everyone about it or post it on social media. Anyway..I got to get going! It was nice talking with you! Let's do it again sometime!" Sam walked away before letting Travis respond back to her.

         Sam drove home and saw Sarah looking frantically while crawling on the porch. Sam gets out of the car and walked toward the porch. Sam said "Uh sis, what are you doing?"

            Sarah looked up at Sam and yelled "get up here and look at this hole. I think this monster creature thingy has been making small holes in the house. This one leads to the living room. And if you look harder, the next one leads to the kitchen."

           Sam walked to the kitchen and squat down on the floor. She looeds around and saw a small hole on the wall near the trash can. Sam called for Sarah to come to the kitchen.

           Sarah runs to the kitchen and asked "Did you find it?"

               Sam responds "yeah the hole. It's small, but a bright light is shining through it. I can't see what's on the other side. It doesn't look like our backyard.

              Sarah told her to move out the way and she crouched down on the ground. Sarah looked through the hole and said "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS?!"

Since you got to the end! Don't forget to follow, comment, and to like my story😊

Italics-Internal Dialogue