Chapter 19

Sam

I woke up to a rotten garlic smell with an awful headache. As I look up, I see Mr.Gray intently staring at me like he was dissecting me. I smile and say "Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer." He gives me a confused look and asks "Picture..what is a picture?" Mr. Y interrupts and says "Stop playing around Gray and let's get down to business. I looked you up and nothing came up in the system except your badge Sam. Is that even your real name?"

     I stutter and say "Y..yes, why am I tied up and where is this place?"

     Mr.Y laughs and says "You know.. You are the first person that is not in the Travesura Clan or even mixed breed with the clan to be placed in the Merchant Class. Who are you? How do you know Gorduoy?"

     Where am I? Ok t...think... What do I see? A brown metallic door and I am surrounded by brown concrete walls. Even the floor was brown. Why is everything brown? Why does my head feel like a ticking time bomb? I give him a questionably look and say " Why is everything brown like is it your boss favorite color? Does it mean something? What do you mean I'm the first to be placed here? So everyone in this breed is in the Travesura Clan or has some kind of Travesura blood in them?

     Mr. Y smiles and says "Information, that's why you were sent here. Who sent you? Was it that water blob? She's always trying to get in our business. Was it that green vine man? His entitlement is always showing through. Ever since those feshes slipped through to your earth, he thinks it's everyone's problem to solve. He looks at Gray and says "Not everyone is like us...am I right?"

     I interrupt them and slowly utter "I don't know anything about who you were just talking about. Why would I talk to a blob of water? It's water...water doesn't talk. Don't get me started on green vines. Is it me or are you two out of your mind? Come on ..stop playing around and let me go! Is this some kind of hazing thing? Well you did it so let me go.

      Mr. Gray looks at Mr. Y whispers "I don't think she knows anything. I don't even know what she is talking about ..Hazing? Playing around? Maybe we were wrong about her. Let's just give her to our boss and he will know what to do with her."

     Mr. Y looks at me and says " Since, you are not telling us what we need to know, then we will just wait it out. So get comfy because you will be staying here until you speak. Bye lad.

     I was in shock before I had a chance to say anything while they left me. Wait, how long are they going to keep here? What do they want to know? I can't get Lyndda and Lynor in trouble after they have been nice to me. What about Sarah or Tony? Have they also been captured ? I really need to eat soon or I'll pass...(passes out)

      I woke up to Mr. Y putting a Black Smuk Burger in front me. He smiles and says "I know you are hungry. If you tell us the answers we need then you get to eat! Simple right?"

     I take a deep breath and say "I don't have the answers. Please just let me take at least one bite first. How many days have I been here?"

     Mr. Y gets closer and purred " we just need you to tell us something.. Anything then you can eat."

     I'll tell him half the truth and leave out the names. I think I'm going crazy..why is Mr. Y's head moving sideways? I seriously look at him and say "Okay, I'll talk...I am not from here. I come from a different world. A world that is the opposite of this one. I..I needed a job. I met Gorduoy through a mutual friend. I don't really know him. That's all I know."

     Mr. Y smiles and happily says " See how easy it was to tell me. You can take one bite from that burger. Here..I'll even help you."

     He holds up the burger for me to take a bite. I took a bite and the burger was cooked just right! It was juicy yet flavorful. I want more ... As I began to take another bite, he pulled the burger away.

     He gives me a creepy smile and snidely says "If you want more of the burger then give me more information. Tell me more about this world of yours and your friend!"

     I sigh and grimly say "Well my world has electricity. It gives us the power to warm or cool our houses. We have devices that can call somebody in less than 5 seconds. It takes us less than an hour to cook food. It basically makes our life easier. If you want to know about my friend then you'll have to let me take another bite of the burger."

      As he let me take another bite of the burger, he asked "This electricity...how do you make it?" What do you cook food in to make it less then an hour? All we want to know is the name of your friend."

     I can't sell out Lynor or Lyndda. I gotta make up a name for now. Why is he so interested in earth? Before I begin to talk, someone walks in the room.

    He looks at me and seethed "They are here to examine her."

     Suddenly I started dozing off while asking " Examine wh.." I woke up on floor surrounded by darkness

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later-

      As I sluggishly sit up, I notice that the floor is damp and that the room is little on the smaller side as I try to feel out the room.It seems like my hands can touch both sides of the wall. This must be some type of celler. The air was stale like I had been in here for a while. How long is a while? The only thing that brought some type of light was the peephole at the top of the door. As I try to stretch my arms, I notice a jolting pain in my arms. I feel little pricks all over my arm and my body seems colder than usual. It's too cold for the normal body temperature. What did they do to me?

      "HELLO! Anyone out there? Please someone ..talk to me" tears slowly stream down my cheeks. Did they get Tony and Sarah? How long have I been here? Ok, breathe..think about the questions they asked me. Who sent me? This may be my ticket out of here! As I clear my throat, I say "I'll tell you what you want you know! Please just get me out of here." Why is my throat sore?

     Suddenly I hear a loud bang on the door and someone yells "QUIET DOWN IN THERE!"

     I desperately respond with "Please, I know what they want and I have the answers. Killing me won't help the situation for either party!

    A vicious howl interrupted her and a person with piercing green eyes appeared at the peephole.

    He said "Why should we believe a vile human? The worst scum to walk this planet but we will use you! For you to live another day, we have a ...proposition for you!"

italics-Internal Energy

How do you think Sam handled everything?

What do you think they want with Sam?