Chapter 26

Sam

"INMATE TRAVESURA-8 CHOW TIME"

     As I open my eyes, I see a metal gate opening before my bed. What..why do I have this feeling like I am missing something? As I look around, I notice that I am in this small cell with just a bed and a toilet. Everything seems like it's in place.

      "GET UP OR DON'T EAT"

       When I try to get up, everything in my body started hurting. Why does it feel like ..I've been burned? Nothing on my skin shows any scars or wounds. Just power through it...besides when will I ever have time to eat again. As I walk through the gate, I fall in line with everyone else when one of the officers starts giving out instructions.

       "I am Officer Loch and everything I say is the law. I only have three rules..stay in line, keep your mouth shut, and do whatever I tell you to do. Whenever I want you to respond to me, you will say "Yes Officer Loch, or No Officer Loch. Now, as you look down, you will see a voltaic ring around each of your wrists. This will stop you from using your gifts while you are staying here. Also if you want to keep your hands, then keep your hands to yourself...am I clear?"

      Everyone roars "YES OFFICER LOCH."

      As we are walking, a big room appears with circular metal tables all around the room. The walls are dark gray with vertical white stripes. The only windows are at the top of the walls. The rectangle windows are big enough to bring in sunlight but small enough so a body won't fit through them. The food trays are being distributed by the food belt. Woah..this looks good!

       A girl with a human face but with beady eyes and a curly gray tail whispers "I know..looks good right?! The burgers are to die for and the cactus juice tastes okay..if you ignore the little pricks going down your throat. Make sure to take small sips. My name is Sula. What's your name?

     I grab a tray and say "Uh my name is..my name. I can't seem to remember it. That's weird.."

      Sula chuckles and leads her to a table in the middle and laughingly "Well we all have those moments! Like...I can't seem to remember my hometown or my childhood...but enough with me. So what do you want me to call you?"

      I hesitantly respond "Well this badge says "I am Travesura-eight so...I guess you can call me that!"

      Sula chuckles and says " That is just how Clashings Encierro classifies you. Since you are in the Travesura and you are in the lower level just like me. My badge says "Travesura-seven. I am just one level above you. You do know what all relates to a person's level in our clan?"

      I shake my head no at her and utter "Uh right... A lot of pieces are missing right now. How about you tell me as a refresher!"

      Sula begins "Well each level also confers with what kind of job you get in here. The lowest levels like ours assist in cleaning up the cells, bathrooms, kitchen, and chow hall. The middle-level jobs are kitchen workers, clothes cleaner, feeding the animalmes, and food transporter. The high levels have the best jobs like paisajismo, assistant to the officers, clerks, and body shop sewer. They get paid the best, plus barely any supervision from the officers. I want to work my way up and work in landscaping. But someone should've told you about this when you first clocked in. When did you get here? I've been here for a few days."

     When did I get here? I don't remember arriving here or anything before that...As I stuff the food in my mouth, I mumble "Umm..don't remember. What did Officer Loch mean by gift earlier?"

      She gives me a pitying look and asks "Well what do you remember? Because your gift is something you are born with..it activates at different times in your life. Very few never activate. My gift is that special...I can find out the diseases in your body just by listening to your heart. Also, our classification relates to how dominant our clan blood is in our body. My grandfather had full Travesura blood in him, but he married my grandma, who had half of the Lava Clan's blood. They had my mother, who only had half of the Travesura Clan blood and she married my father. He is actually from the Clawney Clan. They ended up having me, but I only have about thirty percent of Travesura blood in me. That's why I am classified as Travesura-seven. You must have something near ten percent to be classified as Travesura-eight"

       I blatantly look at her and say "First! Why are they classifying us? We are all from the same clan? Second! That's amazing...I bet you saved a lot of lives with that gift. I think that I am in that very few with the so-called gifts that haven't been activated...Other than that, Um...I don't know. Nothing pops up in my head whenever I think about life before the Encierro. I don't even know if I even had a life before the Encierro." Why can't I remember? What happens to me? Who am I?

      Sula stuffs down her food and mumbles "Well Travesura-eight, you have all the time in the world to find out who you are! Also, do you know an..."

     Officer Loch stands at the exit and yells "TIMES UP! FOOD IN THE TRASH AND EVERYONE IN A LINE BASE ON YOUR LEVEL!"

     As I began to stand up, Officer Loch pulls me to the side and command me to go to the guardián. " It's up the stairs and the first door on the left. When you get to the door, knock three times and ask for Mr. Demonio. Now go!"

      Why do I have this bad feeling in my gut? It's telling me to not go. If I don't go then what will they do to me...I don't want to find out. As I began walking toward the door, the feeling gets stronger with every step I take near the door. It's like my feet were being weighed down by bricks the closer I got to that door. Ok..take a deep breath! Shake off this feeling. Everything will be fine! I knock three times and a stark deep voice springs my attention.

    "Come in."

     As I open the door, a man with piercing green eyes intensely stares at me. I've seen those eyes before..but where?

      He smirks in my direction and says "Welcome back Travesura-eight!"

italic-Internal Dialogue

Do you feel bad for Sam since she lost her memory?

Sam is going through a lot at the moment!!!

Tell me your feelings when going reading this chapter!

The green eyed man is back so what do you think will happen to Sam