Chapter 31

Sam

     This man creeps me out, especially with his green eyes. But why do I have the feeling that I met him before? I begin squirming in my spot and ask "What do you mean, welcome back?" I can't look him in the eyes...he makes me nervous, but why? This should be the first time I'm meeting him ..right?

     He motions with his hand for me to sit down in front of him. He smiles and says "Well, this is your sixth time coming back to the Encierro. You might as well call it home."

       I interrupt "Sixth time? Wait...I don't remember coming b.."

     Mr. Demonio glares at me and mumbles "Of course, you don't remember coming back here. Every-time you come back here, we wipe your memory! You agreed to it, but of course, you won't remember it. Also, I don't like getting interrupted. But that is not the reason you are here today. How was your first day back?"

      Okay, breathe....and think! Sixth time back here and I agreed for them to wipe my mind? What kind of life was I living before I got here? What did I do to get here? As I shake my head, I whisper "Um simple..I guess. I woke up and went to the dining area and then you called me here..."

     He starts to giggle and responds "That's good! Let's keep it that way. Travesura-eight, I don't want any slip ups happening, so it's in your best interest to be on your best behavior."

     What did I do when I was out of this prison? I feel like he is threatening me. As I clear my throat, I ask "Sir..what did I do when I was free? It's just...how am I supposed to learn from my mistakes if I don't even know my mistakes?"

     He stops smiling and answers "Learning from a person's mistakes...that sounds so much like those dreadful creatures...You know, a human has to do something 254 times before it becomes a habit to them. It makes you think, if it takes that long then maybe they shouldn't be doing it. Humans are questionable creatures..they always want something that is not for them. Don't be like them...most of them end up dead by their own people. Once you take something that is not for you jealousy and greediness starts to develop....you understand?"

     Why is he talking in circles? Of course, I don't understand...I mean I don't even know my name. I start fidgeting with my hands and mutter "Right now, everything is going above my head. I mean....I don't even know my own name."

     His laugh vibrates the entire room. He squints at me and laughingly says "Name? If you need a name then I can name you, but you look like you wouldn't want that...at least for now. You have a blank slate. You can decide how you want your life. Why would you want to know about your past or your family? None of it will help you. The only person that can help is yourself. Now get out."

     What just happened? Why was he talking to me like he knew me? Should I keep digging for more info on my background? What if there are people waiting for me? Ahh, why does my head hurt? I....

I know this was short it has clues for you put somethings together!

How do you feel about Mr.Demonio making Sam believe she been to prison six times?

Italics-Internal Dialogue