Chapter 27

Sarah

As I end my shift, I turn to Mr.B and plead "Please, I am begging you to switch me with someone else! This week he tortured me. He told me to wash his Bamboozere and it spit in my eye! He literally watched me while I was cleaning up after his dinner. He uses me as a foot holder while he sits down. He uses me..as a piece of furniture. Do you know how degrading this is o..or how sadistic it is?"

      Mr. B turns to me and whispers "Be glad that he uses you as a piece of furniture and not a practice target! Master Don has graciously let you in his abode so take that kindness pay it back in tenfold. Now follow me and be quiet for once!"

     This is turning into a drag! I knew Gordo set me up. Best believe, I will get him next time! I need to figure out how to deal with my good ole Master..Don maybe..Mr.B can unconsciously help me! When I tap Mr.B shoulder, it shocks me to my core! A loud shriek filled up the room "Why did you burn me?"

     He smirks and replies "Why did you touch me? Did you think that this was fake lava?"

        I scoff and mutter "No..I didn't know what to think. Look I need to have fun especially since I haven't seen my sister in a week. Speaking of my sister, could you see how she is doing or give me some type of information about her whereabouts or something?

     He sighs and says "It's best if you stop asking questions about her."

     As I try to hold in my tears, I whisper "Why?"

     He looks down and replies "Nowadays, a lot of people are starting to become "missing"...when you start running your mouth or asking too many questions..that's when the Special class starts asking questions about you."

    Special class? Wait..is he implying that she was taken? But Lyynda said she was in training....I step in front of him and ask "What is the special class? Are you saying that my sister has been taken?"

    He whispers "I am not implying anything, but never trust what you see or hear.

    Right now, you look stress..maybe you should go out on the town."

    I give him the side eye and ask "Where?"

     He laughs at me and says "Trust me..any bar would get you loose in this town and here is your pay for the week. It's not much since you just started, but it's enough to keep you fed and clothed for a while so get out here kid."

    Why do I feel like he..insulted me with that "loose comment" ? Just nod your head and take the money. Besides it's time to check out this town. I've been here a week and I haven't gone anywhere except for Lynor and Lyynda place and here... I take the ulers and mutter "Thanks and try not to burn anyone else while I'm gone."

     He laughingly responds "You are the only one foolish enough that tried to touch me..."

    I decided to ignore that last comment and leave the room. As I walk through the door, Lynor is in the lobby waiting on me. Maybe, I can find out more about this special class and what's really going with Sam. Information is not matching up..I haven't seen my sister in a week. Something is going on and usually drunk people run their mouths. Time to convince Lynor.

    I run toward him and blurts "Hey.. you know you don't have to wait up on me everyday. I think I memorized the way back to the house. My boss indirectly told me that I need to let off some steam so I'm going out tonight. Where is a good spot to start the night off right?"

    Lynor sides eyes me and utters "Are you sure, you want to go out tonight? Maybe, I should come with you to show you around. Besides, I only showed you around the work building and not around town..it'll be fun!"

     I can't have him with me when I am trying to get some information... I haggle, "I think I need some time on my own. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for you and Lyynda, but I need some alone time. A few drinks won't break me..ahaha"

     He looks me in the eyes and murmurs "Okay..I understand, but Tony has to come with you. Speaking of the wacky kid, he is waiting on us! Tony..we're here!"

     Tony runs to us and chuckles "This is the first time that.. I beat you both to the door. Looks like there's a new king in town!"

    I cut him off and say "Okay king.. We are going out tonight!

     He gives us a confused look and replies "Out where..Uh I don't know if you noticed but we are in another world?"

    Lynor starts laughing and begins to walk off.

     I pull Tony to the side and whisper "I have some new information about Sam and I need the king to help me out."

Italic-Internal Dialogue

Who loves else loves Sarah?