Chapter 28

Gorduoy- Flashback

  "Gordo..Gordo... Gordo low rate mixed bloods like you are not welcomed here. I just hate the sight of you with your half travesura ears and dull claws. You can't do anything looking like that...you look more human than Travesura. GO.BACK.TO.WHERE.YOU.CAME.FROM!"

     As I look up, I am surrounded by the kids from my neighborhood. Ever since, I was born...everyone told me that I was the mistake they couldn't take away. In my clan, children don't live in the same abode as their birth parents. It's an unwritten rule, birth parents never reach out to their children and the children never reach out to their birth parents. Maybe that's why I never feel pain... I nonchalantly say "Go ahead and hit me. It won't change anything."

     The kids laughed, "Well..you'll just get beat until we get tired..."

      They made sure to follow up on that promise. I was clawed, punched, kicked, and dragged for five straight hours. I didn't even know how much damage they did to my body until I tasted my own blood that was dripping from my head or it was the fact that I couldn't see through one of my eyes. I wish I was never born in this clan..

     As I started walking back home, I had to take breaks because the blood that was coming up was slowing down my breathing process. I should have never walked out the house today. I tried to get out of my depression and I came back bruised...I just hope my guardian is not at the house. When I walked in the house, to my surprise everything was quiet. You could hear a pin drop. Whew..he's not here!

     "What happened to your face?"

     Oh no... he should be at the clan meeting. I slowly turned around and the first thing I saw was a fist coming straight for my nose. Blood started gushing out in full force from my nose. I can't stand this any more...

     He stood over me and said "You are lucky to get just one hit from me. Those disgusting humans would have done worse. They mutilate their own kind. They hang their own kind by rope and leave them up in a tree for others to see and watch. They treat their own women as second class citizens. Equality...."

      I screamed "WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME?! EVERYTIME YOU LOOK AT ME...ALL I SEE IS DISGUST ON YOUR FACE. THEN YOU HIT ME, ALL THE TIME! WHY?"

      He shakes his head and whispers "You want to know why I can't bare to look at you? Because you are part human...part of you is disgusting, vile, and revolting. Your real parents were traitors to the clan. You want to know why those kids won't leave you alone..because they can clearly see that you don't have full travesura blood in you. Anyone can see that you are the very thing that this clan never wanted to happen. I mean..look at you! You have humanoid features like your teeth and your limbs."

      What does he mean..I'm part human? In shock, I asked "Why tell me now? Does the commander know about this? Who..who."

      He interrupted me and groaned "Who..who your parents? If you want to know then ask the    commander. Anyway why wouldn't he not know about this..he knows everything! I'm only watching you because the commander asked me. He still sees you as part of the clan even though I don't know why. Now clean up your nose! Just spray it with Catcus Sura. It should fix you up within a couple hours. He began walking towards the door.

     I stopped him and whimpered "I have more questions...you can't leave me like this!"

     He chuckled and replied "You were born to be alone..get use to it. Since you know most of everything, my job is done. I hope I won't see you again."

      This ..I.. What am I going to do now?

One Week Later

    Finally, I got to talk to the clan leader. Hopefully he will give me some of the answers I'm looking for...

    Come In Gorduoy!

      His office was covered in different shades of green. His wallpaper has green and white vertical stripes. He had a dark green marble floor. On the right side of the room, He had two long green velvet square couches facing the fireplace on the wall. On the left side of the room, he had a wide green sleek marble desk with two green s-shape velvet chairs facing the desk. Woah..everything is green. It's kind of intimidating. The clan leader motions for me to lay down on one of the chairs in front of him. Just ask straight out about the history of your parents. If you wait...then you won't have the courage to follow through.. I took a deep breath and asked "Mr.Demonio, I need to know about my family history. Who are they? Why did my guardian treat me like I was the bane of his existence? He...."

     Mr.Demonio laughingly said "I'll finish your sentence. He hated you! How do you feel about that Gorduoy?"

     I gurgled "I absolutely hate him for that...I didn't ask to be born."

      Mr.Demonio fumed "You didn't ask to be born?! If the whole clan thought like you, then we would be extinct. How old are you again? One hundred years old right?"

    I mumbled "Yes, what does that have to do with anything?"

      Mr.Demonio uttered "The painstaking effort that the elders and I made to make this clan great won't go in vain because you feel left out of the loop. You are just a mere hundred years old. You haven't seen or done anything for the clan and you are talking about killing yourself..."

    Wait, how does he know about that...I look up and ask "How do you know about that?"

     He laughed and replied "Guardians tell me everything. If you want to learn more about your parents then work for me. Every job you complete, I'll give you some information on your parents. Plus, I'll upgrade your living situation. You'll move in with me. You'll have to work your way up to be in the Special Class. But there are rules you would need to follow. 1. Don't ask questions. 2.Follow each step I tell you to complete the jobs. 3. No one can know that you work under me.

   What jobs? Does it matter? I'll find out information on my parents and where I come from. Plus leaving that dreadful neighborhood is a plus. I heard about the Special Class. They move at night and people disappear.... I'm already halfway dead. What does it matter If I throw my last shred of dignity away? I looked up at him and sputtered "Fine, I agree! When do I start?"

Gordo upbringing sucks rights?

You never really know what a person is going through until you have a honest conversation with them

italics-Internal Dialogue