Chapter 5 Pt.1

Travis

The next day, Travis walked into work and waved hello to the guard. Ok, this is just a regular day. I'll just question my boss about Sam's situation ...SIMPLE RIGHT?! OK breathe.. Head up.. And WALK. Travis walked toward his desk and put his suitcase down on the desk.

           Pue called Travis into his office. While looking at the screen, Pue asked "How's the house case going? Any problems?"

       Travis replied "Well..she seems adamant on keeping her house. I think we can come to a compromise so both sides are happy. What do you think?"

       Pue scoffed and responded with "I don't compromise..I take and you should know that by now. If you can't get me my results, then I'll replace you with someone that can do it. I'm being nice to her by not kicking her out ...... What you need to do is to keep following her and her sister. I need to know what's going on in that house!"

       Travis stuttered and said "I..I wish you..."

        Before Travis can finish, Pue told him that he is dismissed. Travis walked out of his office and took three deep breaths. Breathe.. You got this.. Just talk to him when he is in a good mood.

       Travis walked to his desk and hears his name get called by his co-worker. The co-worker yelled "Travis, you okay bud? You look like you've seen a ghost."

       Travis laughed and uttered "I wish it was a ghost, but it was my ever so nice boss...how have you been Buck?"

       Buck responded with "Well just living life! What did the boss get on you about today? Is it that new house case?"

       Travis smiled and asked "How do you know about that case?"

       Buck replied "Everyone knows about that case...now you know that was not a rat. More like a demon. I hope you are ready because your life is about to get bumpy because the boss won't leave that house alone and that girl doesn't want to go anywhere. Do you want my advice?"Travis nodded his head. Buck smiled and said "You got three options, first- call the city on them and tell them that they are dumping chicken grease ..I don't know but something just to get them interrogated by the police for a couple days so we can swoop in and take the house from them."

       Travis sit there in shock and bluntly told him no so Buck rolls his eyes and said "Ok second option- convince the girl to willingly leave the house. Tell her we will put her in a mansion and her sister can live with her too. Everything paid for including travel fees! But we gotta get her out of the house. I mean her kind loves things like cars and houses..."

       Travis looked at him and asks "What do you mean her kind? Buck you not a ra..?"

       Buck laughed at him and says "A what? Racist? That word is soo played out like 2025 played out. I have nothing against them .. it's just I rather they stay on their side and I stay on my side . It's simple! Also third option- Do nothing and make it seem like you are doing something. Just tell the boss what he wants to hear and watch everything unfold from the sidelines. It won't be your fault.. No matter what happens to either side."

      Travis responded with " Well thanks for the "pep" talk..I'll figure it out, but thanks though. BUT you saw what happened in 2030.. All those people dying and for what... skin color. Families lost loved ones and ⅙ of the population died. Whoever hates an entire race is messed up inside. Talk to someone because you didn't come into this world hating people.. You were taught that along with all of the other stuff you locked up in your mind."

      Buck scoffed at him and said "That's what they all say." Buck got up and walked out the room. Travis logged on to his computer to look up files that are similar to the case. He found a file called the XF Family and clicks on it. It says that the file can't be accessed at this time because of unidentified personnel. That's weird, my badge should let me see the file unless only the boss put that restriction on there..

       The next day, Travis see's his boss invite a group of people into the building. They look pretty important...Travis waved at his boss and his boss usher the group into the building. One of his co-workers bumped into him and said "I heard they are here for your case. Apparently your case moved up the ladder and now the big guys are trying to take it over. BUT this is all hearsay"

      Travis looked at him and said "thanks for telling me!" Travis sprints in the building and looks around the room for the group. He begins silently following the group around the corner. He saw his boss put in a pin number on the wall. As they walked in, he sneaks behind them and hides behind the stand near the wall. As the group walked in the room, lights automatically come on and recordings of Sam house come on the tv.

Since you got to the end! Don't forget to follow, comment, and to like my story😊

Italics-Internal Dialogue