❃ Fear

Author's POV

"Listen janvi, I think you should go to home. You need rest. Tumhari bhi tabiyat bigad jayegi agar aise hi baithi rahogi." Naira who was till now sitting silent approached her sister in law who seemed lost in her own trance.
Janvi's palms were clutching on the blood stained saari of hers. Naira placed her palm over her shoulder but no effect happened. She was sitting like a statue there. Thinking not to trouble her anymore she sat there only.

Staring at the same for a long time she remembered the moment few hours ago. Her saransh was lying unconscious on the ground with his blood oozing head on her lap. She was continuously trying to stop the flow of blood but due to the high pressure nothing was working. A lone tear rolled down her cheek falling over her palm.
How did this happen? Why did he come in front of her? If he hadn't then maybe today she was on his place! He risked his life for her how could he? How could he? Why did he save her?

A sob left from her lips taking naira's attention. Naira came forward asking if she was fine on not, getting the familiar warmth janvi hugged her and burst out crying. "Ansh kab thik hoga bhabhi. Mujhe usske paas janaa hain, usse baat karni hain mujhe. Please usse thik kar dijiye."

"Janvi! Saransh thik ho jayega, tumhe pata hain na mera bhai kitna brave hain. Aisi choti injuries se usse kuch nahi hoga. Abhi dekha thodi der mein kaise 'jaan jaan' bol kar tumhe sabke saamne tease karega. Aisa hi hain vo, hum sabko pareshan karne mein bohot maza aata hain ussko iss liye aisa kar raha hain. Dekhna ek baar uth jaye vo kaise usske kaan pakad kar sidha karti hu usse." Naira chuckled with tears trying to change janvi's mood but failed as janvi was still the same crying.

Both broke the hug as soon as the doctor stepped out of OT. Janvi ran near him and started asking question desperately. "Mera saransh kaisa hain? Main mil sakti hu na usse? Vo hosh mein aa gaya hain na? Please doctor kuch toh batayiye." Naira asked her to calm down but she wasn't ready to.

"Janvi let him say first. Doctor aap batayiye."

"Mrs. Malik we can understand your concern but please calm down. Saransh sir bohot serious hain. Blood bohot jyada lost ho chuka hain. Aap please blood arrange kijiye. Ho sake toh jald se jald kijiye." His shocking words horrified janvi more. She stepped back with a blank face.

"Janvi don't worry blood ka arrangement ho jayega. Mera, papa aur saransh ka blood group ek hi hain. Tum tension mat lo. Doctor aap mera le lijiye." Naira said comforting her. Her statement relaxed janvi a bit before again she took another stress.
"Main papa ko phone karti hu. Unko jaldi ane ke liye bolti hu." She grabbed saransh's mobile which was near her only. Dialing the number she waited for anand to receive it.

"Janvi! Naira!" Both the girl turned back to see pallavi and anand came running. Janvi immediately hugged her father figure. She cried while explaining him everything.

"Papa jaldi kijiye, ansh ko blood ki jarurat hain!"

"Don't worry beta, main hoon na. Mera beta abhi thodi der mein thik ho jayega. Tum yaha baitho aur apna khayal rakho." Saying so anand left from there with his daughter.
There pallavi walked till the door and saw her son lying on the bed, his head wrapped with the bange still blood was making it's way out of his injury. Her heart trembled with horror as she squeezed her palm over her mouth trying to control her sobs. Seeing her broken janvi walked near her and tried to soothe her.

"Maa please mat royiye. Ansh thik ho jayega." More than her janvi said this to soothe her heart. Praying for her love to get well soon. Her head spinner little due to the weakness but who will car. She didn't want to pay attention to her injury at this time as more than it her ansh was the most important.

Pallavi, hearing her voice remembered about the divorce papers. Her mind unwillingly made a chain of herself misunderstanding everything and janvi. She shrugged her shoulder which was most shocking for janvi. She opened her mouth to say something "Maa__" but interrupted by a tight painful slap of her cheek given by pallavi. Her palm reached on it as tears welled up in her eyes with an aching pain both on her cheek and heart too.