9 | ᴍᴀɢᴜɴᴀ

TW, mentions of death

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chow time!" I clap, pretending not to know where my kid is, "Maguna

"Chow time!" I clap, pretending not to know where my kid is, "Maguna." I crouch in front of the tent. I sat on the small seat. "Morgan H. Stark, you want some lunch?"

She comes out of the tent with Pepper's helmet on. "Define lunch or be disintegrated." She holds up her fake repouslers.

"Okay." I hold up my hand. "You should not be wearing that, okay? That is a part of a special anniversary gift." I kiss the cheek of the helmet then pull it off of her. I brush her hair out of her face and say, "There you go. How about some lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce."

"No." She smiles softly.

"That's what you want." I mutter. I pick up the helmet and ask, "How did you find this?"

"The garage." She pushes her hair behind her ears as she explains herself.

"Really?" I smirk. "Were you looking for it?"

"No." She is clearly lying. "I found it though."

I let out a hmph, "You like going in the garage , huh?" I pick her up and stand up. "So does daddy. It's fine actually. Mom never wears any of the things I buy her." I say as I walk away. "So I'm gonna-" I start to speak but get cut off by the noise of a car pulling up. Cap walks out and I glare at them.

I do not want to think about it right now.

I go up the stairs and I turn around, now there are more people outside of the car. I walk away, they know I'll be right back.

I came back out. With a drink in my hand. "Hm." I say as I sit down.

"Alright so- Have you studied quantum physics?" Lang asks.

"I- Uh a little, why?" I answered him.

"Alright so... Five years ago, right before Thanos" I can feel anxiety cover me at the thought. "I was in a place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopie universe. To get in there you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she um she was supposed to pull me out and then Thanos happened. I got stuck in there." Lang says.

"Damn, that must have been a long five years." I utter under my breath, completely annoyed that they are here.

"Yeah, but here's the thing on why we are here." Lang starts. " To me I was there for only five hours. See, the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are up here, everything is unpredictable."