11 | ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ

TW, small mentions of death

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One month.

My dad has been dead for a month now. Fucking crazy. My birthday is tomorrow. Peter made the decision right when he went back to school that he would just wait till next year. School ends this week. Morgan graduated preschool last month. She thinks that she is done with school forever.

Peter and I are going out later today. I am still grieving. A lot. I barely focus when I am not around Peter which is funny to me. We are practically with each other everyday. He knows he is helping me, so that's why I think that he has been there for me.

Pepper placing my avocado toast in front of me stirs me awake from my thoughts causing me to jump. "You alright?" She whispers.

"Yeah, I'm good." I look up at her smiling. "Thanks." She nods her head. "Can I uhm go eat this in my room?" I whisper.

"Yeah, go ahead. Let me know if you need anything." She replies. I grab my plate and head upstairs. This is how it goes everyday. I enter my room. I sit in my window seat and text Peter.

Y/N: hey, when do you want to come get me? or should I get you?

Peter: i'll come get you at 12:00. if you need me to come before that, just let me know

Y/N: got it

I set my phone down and smile. That's in an hour and a half. I quickly eat my food. I then put on some mid thigh green shorts, with knit red tank top and my converse. I add some rings and a necklace then I quickly head down the stairs. "I'll do the dishes." I tell Pepper.

"Thank you. Are you going out with Peter today?" She asks. I feel my face heating up.

"Yeah, we are gonna go to lunch, then a bookstore. I might buy some stuff." I utter. Over the month Pepper has really stepped in as a parental role. She got the rights to me immediately after my dad's death.

"When are you guys gonna even start dating? He is here every single day." She smiles.

"Yeah, I don't know... But you know why he's here everyday." I say. She nods. I finished the dishes. "Alright, I gotta go do my hair." I go up the stairs. I go into my bathroom and pull my hair half back. I then put on some mascara and lip gloss. I look at myself satisfied with the way I look then I get a text from Happy.

Happy: How are you doing kid? Do you and Morgan want cheeseburgers tonight?

Y/N: that would be great, i'll let Pep know. i am doing well. a lot better than i was. i'm about to go out with peter. how are you?