ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 2

With what Imani would call a battle cry that was in reality a screech she threw the boxes at the zombie causing its head to snap back at a weird angle

With what Imani would call a battle cry that was in reality a screech she threw the boxes at the zombie causing its head to snap back at a weird angle. Once she realised it was still moving, she prepared her knife only to slowly lower as the zombie walked past her and into a wall. It headed towards her walking backwards and then tripped over a box laying open. Imani laughed at the disgruntled zombie as it tried to stand its unbalanced weight causing it to struggle, her laughed ceased when it nearly achieved its goal to stand causing her to quickly pick her now dented boxes of food up of the ground and leave it to its own devices.

Reaching her car, she threw open the boot and shoved the boxes into it before closing it and hopping back into the driver seat. She banged her head against the steering wheel when she noticed how many zombies were appearing around the supermarket, probably attracted by the loud bangs and her battle cry. They seemed to have heightened sense in terms of strength, hearing and smell which annoyed Imani tremendously as she hated being quiet and preferred to make her fabulous presence know.

With a sigh Imani revved the engine attracting all the zombie and causing a mass of them to swarm her jeep. As the jeep became surrounded by zombies Imani decided to pull a fast and furious as she shifted into drive and spun the wheel hard left causing the car to spin in a circle as she slammed her foot on the gas. Once she had cleared enough zombies, she slowly straightened the wheel and braked, doing donuts apparently made you feel nauseous which was not shown in the movies she had seen. Liars she cursed them out as she retched slightly whilst trying to calm her now flipping stomach.

After five minutes or so she felt her stomach settle and decided she should get a move on and try to find some more stores before dark. Crunching over the bodies that lay on the ground she floored it and swerved onto the road, according to her maps there was a shopping mall about 1.2 miles down the road. Time to steal some luxury goods.

Groaning at her use of economic language, a subject she was forced to learn by her stupid high school. Imani floored it wanting to shorten her trip, once she pulled into the parking lot she slowed and began making a mental list of what she wanted to collect: a blow-up mattress to sleep on in the boot, more fluffy blankets, a better first aid kit and to check if there were any weapons left that she could use hopefully a machete or a small gun. Puling the car up right in front of the entrance she hoped out and locked her car only brining her knife, it would be troublesome to move quickly with additional items after her shopping.

Looking around Imani spotted an information stand; she hopped the counter and began shuffling through the scattered papers looking for a map. After finding one she made her way to the furthest store, the camping store. Walking quietly as she could whilst avoiding the random selection of items strewn across the floor, after walking for nearly ten minutes she finally arrived out of breath. Cursing the people who made the mall so large as she held her knees trying to regain her energy. Muttering under her breath she entered into the camping store walking to the isle labelled sleep.

Imani stood in front of the shelves five minutes later debating between what mattress she wanted, choices were hard that's why she never made them but now she had to. Whilst she considered if she could just give herself to the zombies, she noticed a mattress that would blow up by itself, only problem was it as on the top shelf. Throwing her head back in despair she hardened her resolve, stored her knife in her pants pocket and began trying to climb the shelf.

After nearly falling an idea struck Imani as she grinned at her genius self, she began pulling the boxes of mattresses and pumps from around her placing them to form makeshift stairs. As she carefully climbed up her heart froze when she heard male voices from another isle, one of them complaining loudly about how blood had gotten into his coffee and how he couldn't function now. After praying for the mysterious man's lost coffee Imani climbed higher and reached the top shelf whilst on her tippy toes, realising she underestimated the height needed as she wobbled precariously.

Holding firmly onto the top shelf she kicked off the boxes and threw her body up onto the top shelf wincing as she heard the boxes clatter below her. All noise from the men stopped as she heard what sounded like a gun being drawn, quiet footsteps making their way to her now destroyed stairs. Shuffling as quickly as she could Imani hid herself behind the boxes holding her mattress close. The sounds of muttering reached her ears as one of the men whose voice was thickly accented, maybe Greek, and very hot confirmed no sign of anything. Imani's hopes and dreams where crushed when she heard them stop in front of the boxes, stupid men, and their stupid need to investigate everything.

The spot on the ceiling looks like a puppy Imani thought drowsily as she now lay on her back, the men yet to leave after what seemed like forever, they were arguing over what supplies to get. "How about one of the ones up there?" the dead coffee man spoke, "Self-inflating? Those will be useful grab three or four" another voice spoke which she had nicknamed smooth jazz due to how baritone it sounded. Her eyes fluttered closed before snapping open as she came to a realisation, she was hiding behind the self-inflating mattresses.

Imani weighed her options and decided on the least stupid one, she shoved the boxes off the shelf causing a high-pitched shriek to echo as well as a few grunts before she barrel rolled of the top shelf landing on her feet somehow. Thanking her gym instructor mentally who taught them how to land properly she ran clutching her mattress under one arm her other thrown back towards the men. "Losers!" She yelled back as she sprinted towards the door knocking over whatever she could reach to slow them down as she heard three sets of feet behind her.

As she reached the door, she turned her head and saw them stuck behind the surfboards she had knocked over, sticking her tongue out at them as she cackled before turning and running off to the next store.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈