ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 5

Imani drummed her fingers against the steering wheel as she looked at the mess in front of her

Imani drummed her fingers against the steering wheel as she looked at the mess in front of her. A horde of zombies her eyes widening when she noticed a man shooting and stabbing zombies his blond hair ashy; arms and legs scratched up as if he'd skidded along the road. Imani debated her options and decided she should be nice for once, he may have uses after all. She drove forward hitting the zombies away from him and when he looked at her, she gestured for him to get in.

He hesitated a second and she considered leaving him only for him to pull open the door and climb into the passenger seat throwing her bags into the back. Before he could close the door, she floored it after noticing the zombies reaching for his leg.

"You weren't bitten where you? Cause I won't hesitate to stab your pretty face" she said waving the knife she kept in her pocket in his direction as she drove. She side eyed him as he stared at her for a minute in shock not expecting that to be the first thing, she said to him. "I wasn't bit, thanks for the help some idiot purposely crash and then tried to rob me but ended up dead and attracted that horde."

Imani nodded her head in understanding "people are stupid fuckwits sometimes, could you close your door please?" A snicker came from the man as he pulled the door closed, "Nice car my friend North has a one exactly like this, but with less stickers and no decapitated barbie hanging from his rear-view mirror." 

Imani looked at him smiling widely "Her names Petunia my most recent addition, got her when I was ransacking a target. Her heads on the bonnet". The man nodded almost comically as he looked towards the bonnet when the head was glued down.

Imani realised she didn't have his name and she either needed to make up a name or ask him for his then call him by a nickname, she went for the latter. "What your name? I'm Imani" the man seemed to debate telling her for a minute causing her to narrow her eyes at him in suspicion "Brandon" he told her. "Well then Brandon, want to commit arson with me?"

Brandon spluttered as he looked at Imani, eyes wide "I'm sorry arson? Why?" Looking at him as if he where stupid for not understanding her obvious reasons she let out a huff "Why? Why not, there's so much to burn in this world that isn't needed, like schools and Ikeas." "School, I get but what did Ikea ever do to you?" He questioned a grin on his face.

Imani looked at him shocked "What did Ikea ever do to me? It's so useless why do I have to buy my furniture then become an engineer to build it, I wanted a table not bits and pieces that I never assembled because it was too hard. Also, I got so lost in their store! The only good thing there where the meatballs." She ranted as she flailed her hands around in the air whilst Brandon held the wheel so they wouldn't crash.

 "Oh god, okay I get it but please don't let go of the steering wheel, how did you get your license when you drive like this?" He yelled at her as she looked at him in what she would describe as her shocked Pikachu expression.

"I didn't, I failed five times something about not sticking to my lane and being too easily distract by dogs, but eh whatever they're probably dead now so who cares I can do what I want." Brandon looked at her horrified "What! No way, stop the car I'm driving." Imani hit the breaks hard causing him to lurch forward into the dashboard as she banked him on the head with her fist. "Nuhu my car my rules, I saved you so bow to me peasant"

Imani could tell she had pissed him off but regardless he stayed silent, a smart move otherwise she may have booted him out. She wouldn't feel bad about it either. No sound was made from either person for the rest of the ride until Imani pulled into a house's driveway. It was a cute house, with two storeys, sporting weatherboards painted a nice light blue. "what's with this house? I thought you wanted to burn an Ikea?" Brandon looked at her as she exited the car.

"Be practical darling, I don't have the gasoline to waste on an Ikea, plus I would get lost on the way. This house belongs to the old vice-principal of my school he was awful. Sexual harassed so many girls a real twat" she stated over her shoulder as she pulled out a lighter.

Brandon nodded shortly at her as she pushed open the door and turned on the stove as well as every electronic appliance in the house before walking over to the microwave and shoving a huge wad of rolled tinfoil into it that she had found in the third drawer down in his kitchen. She set it for five minutes leaving it running as she lit any flammable surface she could find on fire, the whole time Brandon followed her like a puppy.

He finally spoke up when they stood outside once again watching the house light up, "if you have bad memories you need to work through and live with them. You can't just forget; it becomes a part of you." Imani looked over her shoulder motioning for him to follow her away from the now burning building.

"Sometimes it's easier to just burn your memories than live with them darling, they hurt too much."

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈