ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 4

Imani woke to the sound of a bird chirping in her ear

Imani woke to the sound of a bird chirping in her ear. Cracking open her eyes a groan emerged from her as the sun hit her eyes before panic swinging her arm as she noticed the pigeon that stood next to her causing it to squawk and fly out of the car. It was early in the morning the faint orange hue in the sky slowly dimming, pushing off the blankets that cocooned her she reached for her phone to check the time, 8:00am. 

 Her face contorted into a grimace; she hadn't woken this early since she'd left school last year. Jumping out of the car she closed and locked the boot after grabbing an outfit for the day, high waisted brown cargo pants, a light blue sports bra, and chunky blue sneakers with rainbow laces.

After washing herself quickly she puled on her clothes, sitting on a warm rock to do her hair. She settled for doing a simple low bun with a few strands framing her face, adding gold hair rings and little blue flower clips to match her top. As she was moisturising her arms and face, a crunching noise that was too loud to be a animals could be heard to the left. She grabbed the jeeps keys and the small handgun that rested beside her moving behind some thick bushes to her right.

Emerging from the left was a tall man with flaming red hair and pretty blue eyes. He might be pretty to look at but that didn't distract her from the baseball bat he held I his right hand, it was fairly clean, but she could see the smears of blood on it that must have been missed after he washed it. Imani breathed quietly as he yelled out to his friends, or who she assumed where his friends. "Kota, bring Doc and Mr B, I found a jeep that looks like Norths". Imani scrunched her nose, that was her jeep not whoever North was.

Being as quiet as she could she crept behind ocean eyes and held her gun to the side of his temple. "Shhhhh, make no more sound or I shoot" she muttered in his ear feeling him stiffen. "Drop the bat ocean eyes", she watched as he dropped his bat even kicking it away slightly. 

She was impressed, he knew to do that before she asked and that's when she realised. He was trained, by who she didn't know but he'd obviously been in a situation like this before, that meant he had a plan to get out of her hold. "okay look I just want to take my car and go, no hurting you or your friends. I'm just looking for my friend, okay? I'll put the gun down and you don't attack?" Imani slowly put down the gun after he nodded his head.

She jumped back a few steps just in case but was happy to see him move away as well before turning to face her. "Sorry?" she said a smile on her face, and he snorted "no worries, it was understandable, I do have to question though where'd you get that jeep?" Imani pursed her lips, "I found it in a carpark, and everyone knows if you find it you keep it, so sorry to you friend um South, was it? But it's mine now." She didn't know what she expected but it wasn't for him to start laughing.

"Raven would love you, are you travelling alone? It's not safe. You're welcome to travel with me, and my brothers till you find your friend?" Imani's nose scrunched Raven? North? Who named their kids such odd names? Sure, hers seemed strange to people only because it came from her mother's culture, it was Arabic meaning 'belief' or 'faith', North was literally just a direction. Did his parents just pick up a compass and see it pointing North and name him that. Poor baby, she'd give him a hug if she met him.

She was pulled from her musing when she noticed ocean eyes moving towards her, she pointed her gun at him. "Nuhu ocean eyes, you say over there. Five feet away thank you very much." He raised his hands "you were spacing out, just wanted to make sure you where okay", she didn't trust that. She couldn't throw him and it's a known saying 'I trust you as far as I can throw you' therefore she didn't trust many people, only babies and small children held her trust, her momma taught her that.

"Thanks for the offer but I can manage on my own, I don't need a big strong man to protect me" Imani stated as she slowly moved backwards towards her car only to meet a chest. She spun around her gun now pointing at a tall man with blond curly hair, the people she had heard him calling for must have arrived and they were a lot quieter than ocean eyes.

The man smiled down at her with a flirty grin despite the fact that she was pointing a gun directly at his heart. She saw out of the corner of her eye two more men, standing near guns drawn. "Nuhu, guns down or I shoot this one" she threatened smiling as they faltered and lowered their guns. "On the ground and kick them away then stand over there" she thrust her head towards the lake and watched as they did what she said, once they where in place she pushed blondie towards them as well gun still pointing at his heart.

"Miss, mean no harm" Fancy pants dude spoke up, "I can't throw you, so I don't trust you". Ocean eyes nodded slowly "you said you wouldn't hurt us and wanted to leave? So, we will leave, and no one has to get hurt right?" he said. Imani bit the inside of her cheek, she did say that, but she didn't want them following her. With no thought at as she walked towards them as they huddled closer together, a protective stance. Perfect for her.

She looked fancy pants directly in the eyes, "I won't shoot you I promise" she saw them relax and took advantage as she shoved fancy pants hard watching him fall back onto the unprepared men who all fell backwards into the lake. Cackling madly, she jumped into her car and yelled out to them as they pulled themselves out of the water. "Told you I wouldn't shoot!"

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈