ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 10

Imani booked it as she tore off down the street turning right at the end, three cars following her

Imani booked it as she tore off down the street turning right at the end, three cars following her. North yelling profanities as she increased the speed hitting 120 as Raven was laughing at Sean's terrified face.

The music pumping her up as she checked the review mirror and slammed on the brakes before spinning the wheel into lock as the car spun around whilst she prayed that none of the wheels came off.

Smiling widely when they didn't, she accelerated going back the way she came as she watched one of the cars behind her attempt to do the same and instead run into a brick fence. One down two to go, and then they could meet up with the others.

She sped up reaching 120 again as one of the cars gained on her, two people in the front and what looked like a third in the back. Biting her cheek she looked in the back seat between the men, as North yelled at her to look where she was going.

Rolling her eyes, she complied with his dumb request. Having seen what she wanted on the middle seat.

"Raven be a dear and hand me a gun, would you?". "Of course, Moya zhena", he replied as he handed her a loaded pistol that she placed in her lap before rolling down her window.

Twisting the gun so she could grab it when needed she checked the maps on the jeeps screen, a t-intersection was ahead of her with a T-junction library.

Moving the car to be practically on the left sidewalk she increased her speed to 150 gaining her some room from the second car.

Just before she reached the intersection, she turned right slowing slightly as she grabbed the gun of her lap and aimed it at the driver lining it up and shooting, watching as the car barrelled towards them the driver now dead.

Coming back to her senses as the high was starting to fade with the song, she put the car into reverse and speed backwards watching as the car drove into the library columns, bursting into flames that she wanted to roast marshmallows in.

As she sped backwards, she watched the final car turn to face them as it tracked them down, her eyes widening when she saw a figure coming out of a sunroof holding a machine gun. "Ah shit, ah shit, ah shit, ah shit"

She kept swearing whilst trying to figure out what she was going to do, they might have bad aim, but they'd at least hit a tire and cause them to swerve out of control. "Snap out of it, you got us this far. Just keep going." Sean all but yelled as he watched the figure set the machine gun up.

Imani sucked a breath in closing her eyes as all the noise around her blurred silence falling over her as she pulled the car to a stop in the middle of the street.

"Imani?" Norths voice from the back seat was barely a whisper in her mind as she waited, the gun clinked in the background adrenaline pouring into her brain as she turned into a driveway and slamming through a houses wooden back fence bullets ramming through the boot of the jeep as it lost a sidemirror to the house she squeezed past.

A yell from behind them was heard as the other car tried to follow a horrid sound of metal scrapping against the side of the house following. Imani let out a sigh of relief, she had noticed that the driver in that car had overshot all their turns when following her.

She was glad that whoever drove it was stupid enough to try and squeeze into the small space she had barely made it though.

After going for a few blocks, she pulled the car over, watching as the pieces of wood from the fence slid off the bonnet. Doors opening caused her to glance away from them as she watched Sean stumble towards some bushes and throw up.

She crunched her nose and looked at the backseat, she always hated when people threw up, she hated when she threw up. North was pale but seemed otherwise alright and Raven was staring at her with a wild grin on his face.

"You drive like a Russian Moya Zhena, I give you fruit cup da." A smacking sound resounded as North hit him over the head, "Not now you stupid Russian." Raven rolled his eyes "Later, I no forget."

Imani laughed, hard. Tears pouring as the stress released from her body and she shivered. It might have been apocalyptic at the moment with zombies running rampant, but there was no reason to worry, the zombies weren't smart, they were easily avoidable.

Humans however were not. They would seek the blood of others and do anything to fulfill their own greedy desires. She now had red on her hands, but she couldn't dwell on it. She wiped her eyes and steeled herself.

She had to stay strong, there was no way she was breaking down now. She opened her door and grabbed a bottle of water before walking over the Sean. Rubbing his back as he took small sips form it.

"Can you guys contact the rest of the group? We need to meet them somewhere; It's getting cold and I wanna go to sleep." North pulled his phone out giving a nod in response to her question and began texting. Nodding slightly, she turned back to Sean as her mind whirled. They had internet. Data?

Everything was cut, even the streetlamps weren't on, so how did they have anything? How where they communicating with each other?

Something was going on in this group and she had just made it her personal mission to find out.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈