01.

Fucking Americans

Fucking Americans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imani waited in the elevator humming along to the music in her head twirling a keyring around her finger – she had stolen it from the apartment after noticing it on her way out the door.

Her suitcase was busting at the seams as she rolled it behind her filled with guns and magazines. A rifle gun slung across her shoulder, being held on by a sparkly green ribbon that matched her graphic tee shirt.

She had thoroughly swept the apartment after her discovery under the mattress, slightly disappointed to find no more guns hidden but she had at least found a huge bag of ground coffee. her lifeline.

Which lead her to where she was now, in the elevator heading down to the first floor of the apartment building to look for her newly acquired car. As soon as the elevator dinged open, she grabbed the handle of her suitcase and stepped out casually walking towards the carpark.

Still humming she heard a noise to her right and noted a slow zombie crawling towards her, its legs appeared to be missing and it only had one arm to help it as it desperately tried to make its way over to eat her. Imani scrunched her nose up at it "ew, it may be an apocalypse, but I have standards. If any zombie is going to eat me it'll be a hot one now fuck off".

As soon as he said that the zombie immediately froze before whimpering slightly almost as if it understood her before it turned itself around shuffling to a corner. Roling her eyes Imani let out a what the fuck noise before leaving.

She was a strong independent black woman and that meant she knew how horror movies worked – she was not sticking around for the zombie to realise it could just jump her, nope she was out.

Walking up to the door it automatically slid open for her with a soft whoosh. That was one blessing right now, the power was still on. Wi-Fi didn't work for some reason, but most sources of power did.

Letting the fresh air brush across her face she looked around the carpark, there where practically no zombies. Her annoying ex-neighbour had lured them all away earlier ith his screeching making it easier for her, oh how the man would yell if he knew. Sucks to suck.

With a skip in her step at the thought Imani looked at each car in the parking lot, five in total. Looking down at the key she noted it was for the jeep on her right. Walking over to it she pressed the unlock button the load beep resonating through the quiet.

"Oh fuckkkkk" Imani mouthed as she heard the sound of moans and rush of zombie feet. Hauling her as over to the car she al but threw her suitcase into the backseat slamming the door before pulling herself into the driver side of the car and locking the doors.

Doing a happy wiggle and sticking her middle finger up at the zombie she returned her sight to the wheel getting ready to start the car only for it to not be there. She screeched in annoyance realising she was in the passenger seat, the fucking Americans put the wheel on the wrong side it was on the left instead of the right!

Screeching Imani looked outside seeing she couldn't get out due to the zombies getting closer, so she opted for the next best option, she began climbing over the centre consol.

Dumping the gun that she had slung over her shoulder onto the passenger seat she threw a leg over the centre console letting it dangle in the driver side footwell as she used her right hand to shove the rest of her body over.

Luckily the seat was pushed far enough back that she didn't get stuck moving both her legs over getting herself situated. After sitting in the seat huffing for a minute she picked the key up that she had dropped on the passenger seat and stuck it into the ignition turning the car on.

She was happy to see it was filled with petrol meaning she wouldn't have to stop for a while, though she should probably steal a canister or two at some point just in case.

Checking the side mirrors, she jumped with a small scream when she saw a zombie with its half ripped off face right next to her window, having snuck up on her when she was reapplying her lipgloss using the rear-view mirror.

Unlocking the car, she opened her door harshly smacking the zombie's face before closing it and locking it again quickly. She felt a bit better now having smacked something.

Connecting her phone to the cars Bluetooth system she hit play on her favourite playlist letting the music blast and she hit the go pedal before frowning when the car didn't move. Confused she looked down before rolling her eyes, she forgot to put it in reverse.

Grabbing the gear shift she kept one hand on the wheel whilst yanking the gearstick into reverse she hit the pedal the car flying backwards hitting multiple zombies as she spun the wheel making the car do a sharp U-turn before she moved it into drive and started off out of the carpark and down the street bouncing along to her music letting her blond loc's fly around as she jumped up and down.

She realised about fifteen minutes later she had no clue where she was going and effectively slammed the breaks on halting in the middle of the street grabbing her phone. Pulling up maps she typed in the address she wanted to go to groaning as she realised, she was going in the wrong direction.

Another U-turn and forty minutes later she pulled up into the carpark of the store parking right next to the door. Stepping out of the vehicle she grabbed the riffle slinging it back over her shoulder ad double checked her knife and handgun where still secure.

Locking the car, she opened her arms wide as the doors opened automatically for her "Oh darling how I've missed you" with that Imani stepped through the doors letting them close behind her as she looked at all the stores around her.

She was about to rob the fuck out of this mall a wide smile on her face as she walked straight into the Hermes store grabbing a large suitcase from off the shelf cutting off the security tag with her knife before slipping it back into her garter.

Rolling her new suitcase behind her she began her ransacking, stealing clothes, medical supplies, skincare, jewellery, and makeup and now standing in front of the last store she wanted to rob - Target. She froze however when she heard the one thing that she had hoped she could avoid, voices.