ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 9

Bouncing down the stairs Imani flung her bag onto the ground as she flopped down onto the carpet next to Nathan

Bouncing down the stairs Imani flung her bag onto the ground as she flopped down onto the carpet next to Nathan. The boy looking amused at her as she began to tell him all about photosynthesis and how she wanted to become a cat and do nothing all day.

Her monologue was interrupted when she felt her hair being gently pulled before it bounced back into shape, turning her head she stared up at the artsy looking bitch who smiled down at her. "Your hair is fucking amazing, I'm claiming it."

She heard snickers coming from behind her as she gave him her best bitch what face, "you can't have my hair. Try and touch it I'll bite you."

The man dramatically sobbed as he pleaded with her to at least let him style it. "I don't even know your name, ain't no way you are touching my hair."

"We are fucking stupid; she doesn't know our names! Oy dumbasses introduce yourselves."

Nathan looked at him with an eye roll "She knows some of us, also you should introduce yourself you idiot." "Well then gorgeous I'm the one and only most fabulous Gabriel". Imani laughed; he was amusing. His flamboyant and eccentric personality would mesh well with her insane side; if she showed it that is.

The rest of the men introduced themselves, Imani tried to memorise each one but there was way too many. She'd just stick to nicknames for most of them for now.

After they had finished their introductions suit man who she would refuse to address as Mr Blackbourne told them all to get some sleep as they'd be leaving early tomorrow to start on their journey to get to the airport.

Imani settled close to the window placing her bag down to use it as a pillow, Brandon to her right and Nathan below her. She felt bad, she'd probably kick one of them when she slept.

She settled down as suit man left the room with lota? Dota? Kota? Kota sounded right, they had first watch tonight, then piano man and Silas, after that was Raven and Sugar high.

Pulling herself into her sleeping bag Imani checked her pockets ensuring she still had her knife, relaxing slightly when she confirmed it was still there. Sugar high walked towards her with a smile as he passed her an MRE.

She raised her brow at that, where had they gotten these from. They weren't something you could rob from a grocery store. "Eat up, we leave first thing tomorrow!" he said before bouncing off to annoy North.

Imani followed him with her eyes are she unwrapped and ate the MRE, it wasn't bad but the spicy three-minute noddles in her car's boot tasted better. Finishing the MRE she smushed the packaging into a ball and aimed it to land in the bin, instead hitting fancy suit.

"Oops, my bad. I have bad aim." He looked at her with exasperation unsure of why the others had invited her to travel with them.

She giggled to herself as Nathan and Brandon snickered at her before North yelled at them to shut up and go to sleep. Rolling her eyes at him she snuggled into her sleeping bag and closed her eyes. After what felt like forever but was in reality only thirty minutes, she heard rustling and whispers as the men all started a secret meeting.

A hand going under her nose as she kept her breathing and heartrate at an even speed. "She is asleep" a light voice whispered, "Thank you Dr Green. Now let's discuss a few things. Firstly, why did you invite her, she does not seem to be stable"

Imani scrunched her nose, stable? She was perfectly stable thank you very much Mr obnoxious suit. Brandon spoke up "she saved me when I was fighting off a horde of zombies after a man tried to rob me. She is alone, besides it's the least we could do I could be dead if she hadn't stopped and picked me up."

Brandon was now her favourite, "Alright, we can bring her with us. Besides it's not right to leave someone alone right now." Axel also dubbed Daddy spoke. It intrigued her how is seemed like he and Fancy suit were in charge. They were the ones she needed the trust of first.

As they continued the meeting and she pondered on how to become the one in charge a loud bang echoed through the neighbourhood, shouting heard as gunfire started. Imani shot up as she watched the a few of the men run towards the windows.

"There's people at the end of the street fighting, they blew up a house and appear to be getting closer." Silas spoke as everyone moved quickly to gather their items. Imani stood and pulled her backpack on glad she hadn't unpacked anything.

"How would they know that we are here?" Marc spoke up, Imani rolled her eyes "There's five cars out front, they'd figure it out eventually." They moved quicker at her words as she walked to the front door and pulled it open, she walked to her jeep and threw her backpack into the boot before climbing into the driver's seat.

"Let's go slow pokes" she yelled at them over the gunfire as they all scrambled out of the house with their bags. They piled into the cars Imani ending up having Raven and North in the backseat of her car whilst Dr Green sat next to her.

The others piled into the last four cars, as they all pulled onto the street and sped away whilst Imani sat, setting up her music. "What the fuck are you doing woman drive!" North yelled at her. "I'm putting on music to drive to, duh" she said as she hit play and turned the car on.

"Besides, they noticed us. So now were going to be the distraction" She smiled looking at their faces, "Ever seen baby driver, well the first six minutes at least?". She laughed as they protested and she pulled out, Bellbottoms blaring from the speakers.

"Hold onto your hats boys, it's go time."

"I'm not wearing a hat to hold onto."

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈