— Chapter 2 —

[Taeyong's P.O.V.]

I went home early today since I had nothing to do at the company. I told my secretary to call me if something happens.

As I arrived home, I headed straight to the kitchen to cook some food since I'm hungry.

In the middle of my cooking session, I heard the front door open. I peeked from the kitchen and saw Haneul with puffy eyes and Haechan with a tired face.

"Oh? Why are you two home? Where's Mark?" I asked them and I could see Haneul's hands turning into fists.

"We wanted to go home. Haneul doesn't feel well and I wanted to accompany her. Mark's at our school, let him explain all of this later" Haechan said tiredly and the two went upstairs.

I sighed and continued cooking. Might as well cook for the two.

I took another two packets of ramen and placed it on the pot. I sat on the stool and waited for it to cook.

The front door opened again and as I peeked, I saw Mark with a frustrated look.

"What's with you three this day? Care to explain Minhyung?" I asked and Mark sighed

"Haneul caused a scene at the cafeteria, I saw her grabbing the poor girl's collar. So I did what I have to do. I scolded her in front of all those students."

"I think Haneul wouldn't do that without a reason. Do you know why she did that?"

"Haechan said that the girl and her friends were talking bad about her behind her back. That must've been the reason"

"We should've just kept them homeschooled. You know how those students behave around them" I took the bowl and divided the ramen for the two.

I placed it on a tray and went upstairs. I went to Haechan's room first.

He was playing some games on his computer. I placed the ramen on the table beside him.

"Eat up Hyuckie, I bet your stomach needs that" I said and Haechan thanked me with a smile.

I exited his room with the other bowl for Haneul. As I opened the door, I saw her peacefully sleeping on her bed.

I sighed and placed the bowl on her nightstand. I sat beside her and caressed her hair.

"I'm sorry for what Mark did to you awhile ago. He just won't understand the situation before doing anything" I whispered

Haneul's eyes opened when she felt my hands running through her hair.

"Oppa? What are you doing here?" She asked while rubbing her eyes.

'Still a baby indeed' I thought and smiled at her.

"I came to bring some ramen, you should eat up to fill your little stomach. I'll be downstairs if you need me hm?" But as I was about to stand up, I felt a hand tugging on my sleeve.

"Can you stay oppa? I don't want to be alone for now" She asked and I nodded. I  handed the bowl of ramen to her and she thanked me before eating it.

"Do you want to go to school tomorrow?" I asked and she slowly shook her head

"I don't know. I don't feel like going to school tomorrow because of what happened earlier" She looked at the time and it was already 4 pm.

"Oppa, can I go out with Lele today? We'll just go to Jaehyun oppa's store and buy some scented candles"

"Sure, do you have your money with you?" She nodded and finished the ramen. We heard the doorbell ring from downstairs and Haneul took her jacket from her closet.