이십

— Chapter 20 —

Last day. The last candle has been used.

Haneul was hugging Jisung for almost 3 hours already. The two decided to go to the cliff to spend their last moments there together.

A part of Haneul didn't want to let him go, but she knows that it's for the best so she accepted it and she'll let him go.

Jisung was worried for the girl, thinking of things that might happen when he's gone.

So he told her brothers to take really good care of her, he's afraid that the scenes that happened in movies would also happen to Haneul.

It's currently 6 pm, and the two were getting ready. Haechan decided to drive them there so he also got ready and started the car outside.

Haneul stared at her figure on the mirror. Her eyebags are getting big, and her face was a mess but she didn't care.

Jisung was sitting on the bed while holding his phone. He looked at the girl who was approaching him.

She sat beside him and hugged him again.

"Haneul, you can finally wish today! Are you excited?" He got no response from the girl.

His small smile was immediately replaced with a frown.

"Who would be excited Jisung? if only I could do it right now then I had already told you my wish."

"But will you grant my wish?"

"It depends, but we'll find out later. Let's go, Haechan hyung is waiting for us"

🕯️

"Thanks for the ride hyung"

"No problem Jisung-ah. I'll be at the parking lot, you can find me there later." Haechan said before driving away from the two.

"Let's go?" Jisung smiled yet Haneul nodded without any emotions displayed on her face

They walked up to the cliff and admired the view in front of them.

Haneul had brought the candle to know how much time Jisung has left.

She took out the candle and lit it up, she placed it on the ground and the two sat on the bench.

Jisung bought Haechan's guitar since he wanted to sing something for Haneul before he'll disappear.

He had practiced the song for a week and he wanted it to be perfect.

He started strumming the guitar and Haneul looked at him with adoring eyes.

Jisung sighed deeply before singing.

"Here we are, another moonlight, I'm the one without a dry eye, 'cause you look amazing" Jisung stared at her eyes and smiled

"I'm sorry for whatever I've caused, before today I knew I felt lost, and now you're my lady."

"So take my hand now, seeing me, 'cause you made me into this mess. I promise I'll treasure you girl.

You're all that I've needed, completing my world."

"You~ You're my love, my life my beginning. And I'm just so stunned, I got you. Girl you are the piece I've been missing, remembering now."

"All the times, I been had known show me the way. Let me heal, let me home right through that door straight to you. You're my love, my life, my beginning. It's you~" Jisung had stopped singing and placed the guitar beside him.

"I guess this is it? This is the time where we say our good byes?" Jisung deeply sighed and looked up to avoid the tears flow

"Haneul, I know that our first meet was unexpected, and.. awkward. But as days passed by, we grew fond of each other.

If I must say, You're the best girlfriend I've ever had.

13 days isn't enough for me. I wanted to spend my whole life with you.

I never regretted meeting you Lee Haneul, I would love to address you soon as Park Haneul but sadly I can't" Jisung chuckled bitterly and sighed again.

"Love, from the day I met you, I had learned so much about this universe.

It was kinda confusing at first but you were there to explain everything to me, and I'm very thankful for that."

"I might not be the person who can give you a happy life that you deserve, but always remember that I love you and I always will, until my last breath.

And to me, you are the most precious girl in this whole world. I love you so much Lee Haneul, don't forget about me alright?" He kissed her forehead and hugged her as tight as he can.

Haneul hugged back and cried on Jisung's shoulder.

"Ji. I don't- have much to say but.. I just wanted you to know that you had always made my days perfect.

Before, I was a bully, a spoiled brat, a rebellious kid, a cold hearted person.

But when you came into my life, I changed. I changed into a better person Jisung.

I don't know what you did but I'm really glad that you didn't gave up on me even if I was really hard to handle sometimes" Haneul sadly chuckled and Jisung followed. She sighed and leaned on the back rest.

She looked at the candle beside her and it was almost out. She looked at Jisung who was slowly disappearing

"You can wish now my love"

"I wish I will see you again in the future. Not as a guardian but as a human" Jisung smiled and another teardrop fell from his eye.

"Your wish... will be granted. Wait for me baby, I love you so much"

And there, he's gone.

🕯️

A week passed. And let's say, it wasn't great for the group. It was unusually quiet especially Haechan and Chenle who were the noisiest.

They were all sad after Jisung had left them. It was just... different when he's with them.

"Annyeonghaseyowng yeorobun! Na Jaemin is here" The lad cheerfully said before sitting beside Haechan who just sighed and continued playing with his food.

"Guys what's wrong with y'all? You've been quiet for a week already. And where's that Jisung kid? I haven't seen him these days" And again, he didn't get a response.

Jaemin sighed and started eating his lunch.

"I'm done, I'm out" Haneul said in monotone and walked out of the cafeteria.

"I'll follow her" Renjun ran after Haneul and the rest looked at each others eyes but stayed quiet.

~

"Haneul? You here?" He expected a response but only heard a sniffle nearby. He walked towards the sound and saw her sitting on the ground. He ran towards her and his arms immediately wrapped the girl's small figure.

She started crying hard and the boy patted her back while whispering some comfort words.

"Let it all out Han. It's okay to cry"

"I- I miss him Ren, I want him back"

"You said he told you to wait right? Maybe he'll be back soon, for now you should focus on studies and graduate soon. Jisung would love to see you again as a doctor." Haneul nodded and wiped her tears with her sweater

"Let's go back downstairs, class is about to start any minute now" The two stood up and left the rooftop.

— tbc.

word count: 1179 words
date published: 08/24/22

_NCTEAXT_