이십팔

— Chapter 28 —

At the moment, Haneul was checking up on a patient who was just sent awhile ago. The child had a mild fever. Haneul had told the girl's mother to let her take the medicines every after meal.

Hyung Seo's operation is 5 days away. Haneul was pretty nervous since it's her first time operating a patient, but she had learned alot, she'll be successful. I guess?

Haneul went back in her office and sat on her chair. She leaned her head on the headrest and sighed deeply.

She was staring at the window where she can see the nurses and other doctors walking by. She was so out of the earth that she didn't notice Jisung entering her office.

"Haneul? Hey, you okay?" He waved his hand infront of Haneul's face and she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Uh, y-yeah, I'm fine. What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to ask you out tomorrow, wanna go to the coffee shop? I noticed you've been overworking these days"

"Oh, yeah sure. I don't have anything to do tomorrow anyway"

"That's great. Your break time is at 3 right?"

"Yep. You?"

"I'll be out by 3:10. Wait for me here alright? I gotta go now, I still have to visit my other patients" He smiled at her and exited the room.

Haneul was about to close her eyes when a knock on the door was heard.

'God what is it now this time?'

"Yes?"

"Dr. Lee? Your patient in room 173 is having a hard time breathing!" A nurse said and Haneul stood up immediately and ran to the said room.

When she arrived, she checked the monitor and it was working normally. She checked his heartbeat and it was beating rapidly.

She took the oxygen mask and wore it on the patient.

"Sir? Sir do you hear me? If you can please follow my words alright. Now breath in... breath out." She said that three times and the patient finally was breathing normally again.

"Check his blood pressure and everything. If you need me, I'll be in my office" She bowed at the patient's family and headed outside.

She was thirsty so she went to the vending machine nearby. She inserted a paper bill and picked a drink from the machine.

As she got her drink, she went back to her office to get some rest that she needed. She hasn't been sleeping that well these days since she wants to work overtime.

Haneul was about to drink her soda when a hand took the drink from her hand. She was about to shout at the person but she saw her brother standing beside her.

"I heard you've been tiring yourself these days?" Mark said and drank Haneul's soda

"Hey that's mine!"

"Not so fast young lady. You need to sleep right now and don't drink anything like sodas or coffees. It won't let you sleep easily"

"But I'm thirsty Mark"

"Drink water missy. Where's Domin?"

"In his office obviously" The two entered her office and Mark sat on her chair.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just paying my sister a visit, why? can't I?"

"No, you can't. I'm tired and I need to sleep, now can you go back home. It's fucking 8 in the evening Mark. Go back home" She said and laid on her foldable bed on the corner.