여섯

— Chapter 6 —

[A/n's P.O.V.]

Haneul and Jisung went home after watching the fireworks display from the cliff.

On their way home, they talked about some things and the ride wasn't silent at all.

It was full of laughter and their loud shouts, gladly nobody could hear them since they were inside the car.

As they arrived at the mansion, Haneul parked the car and went straight inside.

There, she saw her biggest enemy. Mark Lee.

"Where did you go at this late hour, hm Haneul? Jisung?" Mark raised his eyebrow and Haneul rolled her eyes

"It's fucking 10 pm Mark, it's not that late and we're already an adult we can take care of ourselves" Haneul walked towards the stairs but as she was about to step on it, Mark stopped her.

"Don't curse at me young lady. Do you think I'll go easy on you? Come here this instant" Haneul clicked her tongue and continued walking, not bothering to listen to Mark's words.

Jisung immediately followed her and when they were in front of her door, Haechan opened the door of his room.

"I heard Mark shouting, is everything alright?" he asked worriedly

"He's being a dick again. I just came home and he's going nuts and said that it was already late. I could sense that he's drunk right now" She sighed and Haechan patted her shoulder

"Go inside your room, I'll handle him okay? Good night Han, Ji" He smiled before going downstairs

"Can you sleep in my room tonight? I'm scared, maybe Mark will suddenly barge into my room and do something to me" She said and Jisung nodded

"Mm, I'll protect you from him, don't worry" He smiled and they entered her room.

Haneul placed her things on her study table and went to her closet to get some pajamas to change to.

"Oh right, you can go to your room to change, but be back alright?" Jisung nodded and went to his room.

After Haneul changed into her pajamas, she did her evening routine and jumped on her bed, taking her laptop and searched through netflix.

"I'm here!" Jisung said and closed the door after he entered the room. He went to the couch and laid there.

Haneul could tell that he's uncomfortable on the couch, so she called him

"You can sleep on my bed if you're uncomfortable Ji. I don't mind"

"But, what about the rules?" He asked and she took the paper with the rules written on it. She took her pen and crossed out rule numbers 3 and 4.

"Right, you don't have to cook for me. The maids are here and sometimes Chenle would visit and cook for us"

"Come on, it's more comfortable here" Jisung hesitantly laid beside her, she chuckled and ruffled his hair

"No need to be shy around me Jwisung. I might be intimidating on the outside but when I get comfortable with a person, my personality will change." She smiled and Jisung nodded and his body relaxed on her bed.

"Your bed is soft" He stated and Haneul chuckled.

"Let's watch a movie, shall we?"

🕯️

The next day came and Haneul came to school with Jisung only. Haechan had a fever so he decided to stay at home.

Mark? He went back to Jaemin's house after Haechan talked to him last night.

"Hannie! I'm so sorry I didn't came home last night. I didn't notice that I stayed too late at Chenle's last night" Renjun came running towards Haneul and she just smiled at him

Renjun went to Chenle's last night and did his plate there, Chenle was also a big help to him since he also loves to do art but Chenle chose Music major instead of arts.

"It's okay Junnie, Chenle's also your friend, you can do whatever you want"

"I heard Mark hyung scolded you again? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Jisung was there with me so I'm fine"

"Renjun! Let's go we still have to retouch our plates before Mr. Yoon arrives" A classmate of Renjun said and he nodded.

"I need to go, I'll talk to you later okay? Jisung take care of her for me, hm?" He said before following his classmate to their classroom

"Did you hear that Park? You need to take care of me and it's from Master Renjun's words" She placed her hands on her hips and Jisung just laughed at her

Haneul skipped towards their classroom, leaving Jisung at his place.

'Even if he didn't say that, I would always protect you' He thought and followed the girl to their class.

~

"Okay, since our first semester is almost over, I'm giving you a project for our class. You'll be working with a partner and I'll pick them for you." Mr. Kim said and took his notebook.

He called out names that were paired, some were happy with their pairs and some weren't.

"And lastly, Park Jisung and Lee Haneul. All of you should decide what to perform, it could be singing, rapping or dancing.

The deadline will be in the end of the month. So good luck to all of you. Class dismissed" The students went outside and headed to the cafeteria.

"So should we discuss about it on our way to the cafeteria?" Haneul asked

"Sure, let's go" Jisung took his bag and left the room with Haneul

~

"So should we sing or dance?" Haneul asked while eating her sausage.

"How about rap?" Jisung asked and Haneul shook her head

"I hate rapping. I stopped when I was in high school, Mark said that I suck at rapping." She said and Jisung awkwardly nodded.

"Uhm, let's just dance?" He suggested and Haneul nodded

"Do you have any songs that has an easy choreography?"

"Uhm yeah, how about Hello Future by NCT Dream?" Jisung suggested

"Nah, too easy. What else?"

"Kick Back?"

"Could be, but nah"

"Lemonade"

"Hmm, Nah"

"Make A Wish?"

"Nope, too much"

"Universe!" Chenle suddenly appeared and shouted (Stream Universe (Let's Play Ball) beaches)

"Good suggestion Lele, thanks for that" Haneul smiled and Chenle sat on the table with the two.

"So Universe it is?" Haneul nodded and stood up to buy some food in the cafeteria.

"We could start practicing next week or so. I should ask the maids to clean the studio"

"You have a studio? Why didn't you tell me?" Jisung acted like he was betrayed and Haneul just laughed

"Because you didn't ask dummy"

"You know Han, I've noticed your change these past few days. You've been smiling alot and you started to be yourself again" Chenle said and Domin agreed.

"I second to that!" Domin said with his mouth full of food

"I don't know, I guess it's because Renjun's already staying here?"

"Dude, you and Renjun-ge won't hang out everyday. How could he be the reason?" Chenle asked and Haneul pouted

"I don't know what's wrong with me" He slumped on her chair and Jisung ruffled her hair

"Don't worry about that. Let's finish our food and head to the next class yeah?"

— tbc.

word count: 1192 words
date published: 04/22/22

_NCTEAXT_