여덟

— Chapter 8 —

[Throwback]

"So we're gathered here for a special meeting. Thank you so much Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee, Taeyong and Haneul for coming today" Mr. Choi smiled

"I'm thankful for this opportunity on meeting you Mr. Choi. So what is this meeting all about?" Mr. Lee (Haneul's father) asked

"Well, me and my dearest wife decided to offer you a collaboration. But! on one condition, my oldest son, Choi Yeonjun should marry your only daughter"

Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee was shocked to hear the words from Mr. Choi. Both of the parents looked at Haneul who was also shocked from what she heard.

"Uhm. What will we get if we agree to let my daughter marry your son Mr. Choi?" Mrs. Lee asked

"You'll get 35% shares from our company, this can help your company grow! So what do you say?"

"Can I have a word with Haneul first?" Mr. Lee asked and Mr. Choi nodded. Mr. Lee bowed before going out with Haneul

"Haneul, sweetie, is it okay for you if you'll help daddy and mommy with our company? You just have to marry Yeonjun and be with him for 2 years, then after that you can file a divorce and live freely again" Mr. Lee looked at his daughter with hopeful eyes.

"But dad, You told me that I should marry the man I love in the future?"

"Honey, please do this for me and your mom? Our company's future relies on your decisions. Just this once Han okay?" Haneul sighed and nodded nonetheless.

Mr. Lee and Haneul went back inside the restaurant, Mr. Lee with a bright smile and Haneul with a sad expression. Taeyong hugged his sister and comforted her while their parents talked with the Choi's.

3 months later.

Haneul and Yeonjun got married, forcedly. The two never liked each other at all. Well, Haneul tried to get some closure with the male, and luckily he wasn't near to an abusive partner, he was a literal softy and an ideal husband.

Months passed and Haneul grew some feelings for the boy, she suddenly forgot about the feelings she had for Renjun, while Yeonjun surprisingly did too. They would do things like a couple would do and nobody could tell that they were just forced.

One day, when the two were having a date at the amusement park, Haneul decided to confess to Yeonjun. So when they entered the cabin of the ferris wheel, Haneul waited for them to arrive at the top, where they could see the fireworks display.

"Y-Yeonjun.."

"Yes baby?" Haneul gulped and took a deep breath before saying

"I - I like you" She closed her eyes and she heard a breathy chuckle

"Didn't thought you would confess first" The male said and Haneul's eyes widened

"W-What do you mean?" Yeonjun stood up and sat beside her.

"I like you too Haneul, ever since the day our parents arranged us with this marriage thing" He smiled and Haneul looked away, embarrassed

Yeonjun held her chin and made her look at him. He smiled and tucked in some hair behind her ear.

"Will you be my girlfriend? Like, for real?" He asked and Haneul hugged him tight before saying 'Yes Junnie, I will be your girlfriend!'

(A/n: I just realized that she liked two Junnie's in this story tf )

A few months passed and the two already got more closer. Both Choi corporation and Lee Technology are doing well. But then suddenly, another problem came into their lives.