삼십사

— Chapter 34 —

"LEE DONGHYUCK!" Haneul cried out and ran towards Haechan who was on the ground. Jay aimed his gun at Chanwook and he successfully shot him.

"Haechan! Please don't close your eyes. Stay with us alright, Domin! Call the ambulance this instant!" She shouted and Domin did what she told him to do.

"Haechan? Haechan do you hear me? Don't worry, help is on the way. Hold on alright?" She started to cry and Haechan opened his eyes.

He was sad seeing his sister cry infront of him. He held her hands and smiled like nothing happened.

"I'm glad we saved you Haneul. To be honest, it was pretty tiring with the running and hiding" he chuckled then coughed right after. His face scrunched due to the pain he felt.

"I'm really- sorry for not being.. careful...Han- *cough* Haneul.. please be aware of your surroundings next time alright? Haechannie won't be there to protect you anymore"

"Don't say that Haechan! You're going to survive! They're coming.. Just.. please- hold on" She cried even harder and a tear fell from Haechan's eye.

He lifted his hand and rested it on Haneul's cheek. He was already having a hard time breathing and the ambulance was still 10 minutes away.

"WHERE IS THE FUCKING AMBULANCE! CALL THEM AGAIN DOMIN!" She raged out and Domin just lowered his head

"WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING? DO YOU WANT YOUR BOYFRIEND TO DIE HUH?"

"Haneul-" Haechan called and her head immediately turned to his direction.

"It's okay... I'm running out of time- the... The ambulance, it won't arrive any.. minute right.. now. Just- always remember.. that I will guide.. all of you, up there"

"No no no no, Haechan stop saying that! Mark! Taeyong! Why the fuck are you just standing there?! Haechan's gonna die! Where the fuck are your cars at?!"

"My van has a flat tire" Taeyong said

"Mine ran out of gasoline" Mark followed and lowered his head

"The engine of my van was destroyed by Chanwook" Jay said

Haechan sighed and looked at Haneul for the last time.

"It's alright- Haneul, just ...remember to..take care- of yourself alright? M-Mark hyung, Tae-yong hyung, Ji-Jisung.. take care of..her. I love you all, specially you Domin. You will always be the only one who owns my heart. See.. you in the- next-" then... He's gone.

"HAECHAN-AH! WAKE UP YOU IDIOT!" Haneul hugged him tightly and cried her eyes out. Chenle and Renjun hugged Domin as he was also crying very hard.

Mark and Taeyong walked near Haechan and Haneul and joined the hug. Yes, they were happy that they had saved Haneul and killed Chanwook, but they didn't expect that they would lose their sunshine.

"Maybe... Haechan's already with- mom and dad, Haneul. He must be very happy to see them again" Taeyong said, trying to calm her down but it didn't work.

"He wasn't supposed to be dead Taeyong-ah. I should be the one who's dead! Not Haechan!"

"Calm down Haneul, he's in a better place now" Mark hugged Haneul who was still in tears. Then the ambulance arrived. The nurses ran inside and was about to take Haechan.

But then, Haneul stood up and glared at them.

"What's there to save assholes? My brother is fucking dead already!"

"Dr. Lee, we're sorry. We got stuck in the traffic and-"

"ALIBIS ARE USELESS MINA. HAECHAN IS DEAD, THANKS ALOT" The nurses lowered their heads and Mark stood up and told Jisung to take Haneul to the car that has been sent by their driver.