열여덟

— Chapter 18 —

Days had passed and they already got back home from the countryside. It was monday so they had to attend school.

6 out of 10 candles had been used. Haneul went to Jaehyun's shop to buy more candles, but sadly, he said that the factory who made those candles had stopped making magical scented candles.

Haneul was sad, hearing the unexpected words from Jaehyun.

She knew, that Jisung only has 2 weeks to live in this universe.

"Hannie? Why are you sad again?" Jisung asked and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back and buried her face on his neck.

The two were currently inside the library, studying for the upcoming quiz later.

"It's nothing Ji. I'm just tired"

"You always say that excuse. I know something's bothering you. Please tell me Han"

"I'll tell you at the right time alright? Let's go, we still have classes."

Jisung grabbed her hand and brought her back to his embrace.

"No matter what happens, always remember that I'm here for you okay?" Haneul nodded and pecked his cheeks.

Jisung smiled at her and kissed her forehead before holding her hand.

"Let's go".

🕯️

"Haneul! Let's go to the cliff! I wanna see the fireworks display again" Jisung clinged on Haneul's arms while jumping like a kid

"Alright Jwisung. Let's go home first and change our clothes."

Haneul's driver arrived and they hopped on the limo.

As they arrived home, they changed their clothes and ate some tteokbokki that Taeyong made before going back outside.

Haneul decided to ride her Lamborghini since she missed driving by herself.

Jisung turned the radio on and the first song that played was 10,000 hours.

Jisung knew this song since Haechan recommended it to him months ago.

He hummed with the song, and Haneul found his voice really calming. She smiled to herself but then her smile was replaced with a frown.

"I'd spend 10,000 hours, and 10,000 more. Oh if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours.

And I might never get there, but I'm gonna try, it it's 10,000 hours or the rest of my life. I'm gonna love you, ooh oh ooh oh~".

The song went on but Jisung stopped singing along. He looked at Haneul who was close to crying.

"Pull over"

"Wha-"

"Pull over Haneul." Jisung said seriously and Haneul stopped the car.

"What's wrong? Please tell me Haneul. If something's bothering you and you wouldn't tell me then I would be bothered too." Haneul was quiet then suddenly cried softly.

Jisung was fast to wrap his hands around her and patted her head.

"Shh, don't cry. Can you please tell me what's wrong Jessy?" Haneul sniffed and wiped her tears before talking.

"You already know it right?"

"Know what?"

"That you only have 13 days left to live in this universe, since there's only 4 candles left"