이십구

— Chapter 29 —

Haneul and Jisung just got back from the coffee shop. Bang Chan had called them since they were out for too long and the the were needed immediately.

After dealing with some patients, Haneul went to her office, and once she entered, she saw someone sitting on her chair. She didn't know who it was since it's back was facing her.

"uhm excuse me? What are you doing here in my office?" She asked and the chair turned around.

"Soobin? What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to pay a visit. It's been awhile Haneul"

"Since when did you came back from America?"

"My flight was last night and I arrived here at 6 AM. I was about to visit you this morning but unfortunately I got tired and decided to sleep for a bit. Where were you anyways? When I asked for you at the information area the nurse said you were out with Dr. Park?" Haneul placed her stuff on the table and took her cloth then wore it.

"Oh yeah, I had a friendly date with Dr. Park. Sorry for making you wait Soob"

"Nah it's alright. Am I disturbing you? I can go home if you have something to do"

"Ah no, you can stay here. We'll talk later, I have to check my other patients first then after that I have to report it to Dr. Bang. Then after that, I'll be back here and we can talk. Is it good for ya?"

"Sure, I can wait"

"Perfect, I have to go now Soob, be right back!" She said before exiting the office. There was a knock on the door and it opened, revealing Jisung.

"Uhh hello? Have you seen Haneul?" Soobin was too stunned to speak. Jisung was confused why the man sitting there was frozen.

"Excuse me sir? Have you seen Haneul?" He asked once again and Soobin snapped out of his thoughts

"O-Oh uh, she said she'll be checking her patients, she just left a minute ago"

"Oh, okay thanks"

"Wait!" Soobin shouted and Jisung paused on his tracks

"Am I really seeing you Jisung?"

"How did you- Oh right, Haneul had a boyfriend named Jisung right? Well buddy I'm not her boyfriend, it's just a coincidence that me and her boyfriend had the same name and the same features." He smiled and Soobin nodded

"Oh okay. Sorry for wasting your time"

"Nah it's good. But I better go now before Dr. Chan scolds me. Wait hold up, I didn't catch your name bro"

"Soobin. Choi Soobin"

"Alrighty Soobin, I gotta go now. You can ask the nurse anything you need, they'll give it to you immediately okay?" Soobin nodded and Jisung left the office.

Soobin was shocked to see Jisung, but he's not gonna lie if he's not mad. I mean, Jisung's there, for sure Haneul will catch feelings for that boy and it'll lead Soobin to stand no chance to Haneul.

Soobin sighed and leaned on the headrest. He stared at the blank ceiling and waited for hours, minutes and seconds for Haneul to come back.

He got bored so he decided to roam around the hospital. He stood up and exited the office. He was greeted by the nurses and doctors that he walked pass through.

He found a small cafeteria, which made him hungry. He took his wallet and went to the cashier to order some food.

"Uhh, can I get a tiramisu and an almond milk please"

"That'll be $12 sir" Soobin paid for the food and sat on one of the tables in the cafeteria. He opened the container of the milk and drank it before taking a bite of his tiramisu.

"Hello? Are you new here?" A nurse tried to flirt with him but he just ignored her, took his stuff and food before going back to Haneul's office.

~

"Uughhhh! Finally we got to rest!" Haneul entered the office and immediately jumped on her foldable bed. Soobin chuckled and took a blanket from the couch and gave it to her

"Use this, you might get cold"

"Thanks Soob" She wrapped it around her body and sighed in relief.

"Right, Jisung was looking for you hours ago" Soobin said and sat back on the chair.

"Yeah he told me that when he entered the office he saw how frozen you were"

"Well, I thought I was seeing the Jisung I knew" He shrugged and Haneul chuckled. She sat up and looked at Soobin

"Why are you still here tho? You can go home if you want" She said and Soobin shook his head

"Nah, you said we'll bond a bit right? I'll go once you're asleep. I can see how tired you are" He said and closed his eyes.

"Soob, you should go home, I can tell you're uncomfortable sleeping there. Don't worry, I'll sleep once you go home" She assured him and he just sighed in defeat and stood up. He walked towards the door and waved good bye before exiting the room.

I looked at the time and it was still 8 pm. Haneul stood up and went outside, she was hungry so she went to the convenience store 2 blocks away from the hospital.

She entered the store and took a basket from the counter. Haneul roamed around the store and picked some ramen, sausages, triangle kimbap and a cola.

It was a pretty unhealthy meal but whatever it's just for tonight anyways. She also picked some chips and chocolates before going to the counter to pay for the foods she picked.

Once she was done, she went back to the hospital at cooked her ramen and after that, she ate her small dinner. As she was eating, her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and it was unknown.

She answered the call and spoke first.

"Dr. Lee Haneul speaking, who's this?"

"I...am......Venus" An unfamiliar voice was heard.

"The fuck if you just called me for a dare or something please don't do it again, I am busy at all times"

"Chill it's me Chenle. I bought a new sim card since my old one was destroyed by your lovely brother Lee Donghyuck" he said and laughed

"Seriously Chenle you need to stop calling me using new numbers, my phone contacts is full of your numbers smh"

"Alright, I won't buy a new one after this.... Well I'm not gonna promise" He added and chuckled

"Anyways why did you call me? I was eating my lovely dinner here"

"Oh right, you remember what day is tomorrow right?" He asked and Haneul thought for a moment but couldn't remember what's gonna happen tomorrow

"Uhmm... It's- Monday?" She said with a not so sure tone

"Oh my God Haneul! I can't believe you forgot about my birthday!" Chenle sulked and Haneul gasped

"Oh no, I'm so sorry Lele, I was too busy with work these days I'm really sorry, and thanks for reminding me. Are you gonna have a grand party again?"

"Well obviously, mom and dad never forgets to throw a big party on my birthday"

"Cool, I'll ask Dr. Bang if I could take a leave tomorrow, don't worry Lele. And also, expect me to arrive before the party could start alright?"

"Hmm alright, the party starts at 7. I gotta go Han, mom needs help with the foods. Take care"

"You too" She said before hanging up. She continued eating her dinner and when she finished she threw her trash and went out to do her duties.

— tbc.

word count: 1273 words
date published: 11/05/22

_NCTEAXT_