삼십일

— Chapter 31 —

(A/n: Before you could attack me, no I don't ship these idols in rl, if you're uncomfortable with bxb ships then please skip this part:>)

"WHAT?" Haneul's eyes widened while Chenle tried to hide his face from her.

"Since when Lele?"

"Since the day he came back. I don't know why I always feel nervous around him and it always irritates me. I talked to Haechan about this and he told me that I like him. And yeah, he is right." He sighed and sat on his bed. Haneul followed and patted his back.

"He's here right?" She asked and Chenle nodded before sighing deeply.

"I'm gonna help you. Go to the backyard, at the pool area later when the guests starts to eat their dinner. I'll tell Renjun to go there too but I won't tell him the reason, is that okay for you?"

"Really? You're gonna help me?"

"Of course Lele, that's what friends are for right? Now let's go downstairs, your visitors are waiting for you" he held his hand and smiled before dragging him out of his room.

~

"Good evening everyone! Thank you so much for coming to our son's birthday party, especially to his friends who are really busy with work but still made time for this event."

"I would also like to inform all of you that Chenle, our son, is gonna take over the company starting next month since he's already old enough to take care of the company. Lele sweetie, would you like to come up here and say something?" Chenle nodded before standing up and walked towards the front where his mom, dad and brother were standing.

"Uhh, hello everyone, I'm really glad that all of you came to my party, and I would like to thank you all. To my parents and my brother, thank you so much for your love and support ever since I was born. To my friends, thank you. Thank you for not giving up on me, even though I get hard headed sometimes, you still managed to be calm. Especially you Haneul. You're like a big sister to me, and I'm really glad to have you in my life."

"So uhm, yeah, I hope you'll have a great time tonight. Feed yourselves as much as you can and enjoy!" He bowed and gave the microphone back to the MC before going back to their table.

Haneul stared at Chenle with a smile on her face and Chenle knew what Haneul was thinking about.

"Uh guys, I'll go to the restroom first, just enjoy the night alright?" He said before going out.

"Renjun-ah" She called. The boy hummed and looked at her

"Can you go to the backyard? At the pool area. Someone wants to talk to you"

"Oh? Really? Can you come with me? I don't want to go out by myself"

"Alright, but I'll stay far from you once we get there" he nodded and the two excused themselves before going outside.

~

"So, what are we doing here?" He asked once they arrived at the back of the mansion.

"Oh uhm, I suddenly remembered that Haechan called me. You stay here alright, I'll be back ASAP." She said and walked away leaving Renjun speechless.

"Hey" A voice called out making Renjun turn around.

"Oh? Chenle, I thought you're going to the restroom?"