삼십구

— Chapter 39 —

The three had returned from the pizza place. It was currently 2AM, and they were very sleepy so they already went back home. Their stay here in Canada only lasts for 4 days and 3 nights, it'll be their last day tomorrow.

Haneul washed up and changed into her pajamas. Mark was also in his room while Jisung was in Haechan's room since Taeyong's room was locked and they didn't find the keys.

Haneul got thirsty so she went downstairs to drink a glass of water. After drinking, she sat down on the stool, staring at nothing.

The house except the kitchen was already dark and quiet since they were already asleep, and that's what Haneul thought.

"Why are you still awake?" Jisung popped out and took a glass for him to drink water. He sat down beside her and drank his water.

"It's just great being here in Canada. No problems. No issues. No enemies. And no struggles. It's like Canada is my safe place, my comfort zone. When I was a kid, in the morning, an ice cream van drives around the city and stops at the park. I don't know if it's still driving around these days" Haneul spoke and Jisung thought of an idea

"How about we find out tomorrow? What time does it usually come?"

"Around 10AM. I missed eating my favorite popsicle. Anyways, do you want to visit your hometown? Maybe.. you'll see her again"

"Nahh, I bet she doesn't know me anymore"

"Nonsense Jisung-ah. If she really loved you then she'll know you in just one glance"

"Enough about her. Let's just focus on our work here alright? I'm gonna sleep now, good night Han" He smiled and went upstairs, leaving Haneul alone in the kitchen.

"I don't know but something's really suspicious about you Jisung" Haneul muttered and sighed. She stood up and placed the glass on the sink before going back upstairs to her room.

~

"What's for breakfaaasst?~" Haneul cheerfully came downstairs and the two looked at her with smiles on their faces.

"Sunny side eggs, hotdogs, fried rice, and there's also sandwiches that nanny made. Come and it since it's still hot" Mark said and Haneul sat down and started eating

"You're really cheerful today? Did something happen?" Mark asked.

"Nah, me and Jisung will go to the park today and see if Mr. Johnson is still selling Ice creams around the city"

"Oh alright, be careful you guys and don't go to far. I will be attending another meeting today so I will be home late." Mark said and stood up, he placed his plate on the sink and drank his orange juice.

"Okay, be safe alright. Be back before 1am"

"Can't promise that but okay. I have to go now, tell the maids to take care of the house when you go out alright?"

"Yes Mark" Mark kissed Haneul's forehead and went out. The two went silent while continuing on eating their breakfast. Jisung was uncomfortable with the silence so he decided to talk first

"So uhm.. Later after dinner, can I go back to the Park? Jessy wanted to meet with me, she chatted me last night when I came back from the kitchen." Haneul's heart dropped as he mentioned Jessy's name

"Oh uh, sure. That's your decision anyways" she faked a smile and avoided Jisung's eyes, he was satisfied to see her reaction. Yes, he knows that she still loves him yet she didn't know that she unconsciously confessed to him face to face.