02 - An opportunity of a lifetime.

6 months earlier....

Taehyung woke up to the feeling of his bed being dipped from the side. Before his barely awake mind could even register the implications of that, a strong arm sneaked around his waist. The warm presence behind him was familiar to him, even more than himself. It is of his other half, the love of his life. 

Taehyung turned around to hug the man properly, while his eyes struggled to be opened. 

"I thought you're coming back tomorrow." Taehyung said in a voice heavily dosed with sleepiness.

"It is tomorrow already. It's 3 am."

"Oh." Taehyung pulled the man even closer to his body. "You must be tired."

"Yeah, I am."

Taehyung hummed in acknowledgement. There wasn't anything else needed to be said and both already had one foot in the dream land. 

"Good night Tae. I love you."

"Hmm.. I love you too, Kookie. Good night."

_______________________________

When Jungkook woke up a few hours later, he was alone in bed. He ran his hand over Taehyung's side of the bed and felt that it was rather cold, indicating that the other had been awake for a while. 

Jungkook let out a small whine. He missed waking up with Taehyung. The elder's messy morning look is one of Jungkook's favourite sights. Specially because he knows that it's something only he gets to see.

However his disappointment was short lived when something else caught his attention. The mouthwatering smell of bacon and eggs was all over the elder's apartment and it was making Jungkook's stomach grumble. He quickly did his morning routine and went to the kitchen.

Taehyung had almost finished preparing breakfast. He only had a few sausages in the pan and the last few slices in the toaster. Jungkook went up to him to give a quick back hug and a kiss to the nape before helping him set up the table. 

Taehyung glanced back to look at his boyfriend of 8 years and a frown came onto his face immediately.

"You look so tired, baby. You should have stayed the night in Jeju and returned in the morning."

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders at that. "I missed you. I haven't seen you in 5 days. And your schedule is packed for the next two days. I didn't want to miss even a second."

Taehyung gave a sigh as a response. He knows there's no point in telling his boyfriend to take it easy. As a former idol and a soloist, Jungkook has a very busy life. So does Taehyung, as he's one of the top paid actors in the country. It's really difficult for them to find time together, especially when the world is not aware of their relationship. 

As busy as Jungkook is these days, his idol days were much worse. His company didn't let the group breath for a second, exhausting them to a point where one of them had to be admitted to the hospital. 

That's when Taehyung drew the line. He always supported and never stopped Jungkook from doing anything but he just couldn't watch while the younger's physical and mental state deteriorated day by day. 

After talking with Jungkook, he pulled some strings, discreetly of course, and made the company exposed to the public. The company couldn't stand the backlash and soon had to close down, making the team members of Jungkook's group part ways. Some joined other agencies and later debuted in new groups. Some, like Jungkook, pursued a solo career. 

Things have been good for Jungkook ever since, especially when his former choreographer and friend got hired as his manager. 

Jung Hoseok was a phenomenal dancer in his prime but he had to retire early due to a chronic condition in his leg. He then worked as a choreography advisor to idol groups, Jungkook’s group being the last of it. He developed a brotherly affection for the younger and when presented with the prospect of being his manager, Hoseok gladly took it. He's one of the secrets behind Jungkook's rise to fame, surpassing everyone else in the field.