43 - I'm His Fiancé...

Jungkook was doing a dress fitting when he heard the news. Hoseok was the one who got the call, and he immediately halted the dressing, whispered something to the person in charge and ushered Jungkook out of there. Jungkook was surprised but followed the manager dutifully, as the look on Hoseok's face was rather worrisome.

"Hobi hyung, what's wrong?"

Hoseok didn't answer. He simply gestured to Jungkook to get into the van and dismissed the driver after taking the key from him. Driver joined the other van, which Jungkook's two bodyguards were using.

As the vehicle pulled into the main road,  Hoseok took his phone out and dialed a number. "Jimin, I'm taking him to your office. Where are the guys?"

Since the phone was on speaker mode, Jungkook could hear the answer. "No. Take him home. We have a lot of people here. I don't think it's wise to-"

"He's not gonna wait at home! Neither am I."

There was a pause for a few seconds, before a resigned voice came through the speaker. "You're right. I'm sorry, hyung. My mind is all over the place."

"It's okay. We understand."

There was a muffled sound, as if Jimin was giving someone instructions. "Take the route 168, they'll intercept you halfway."

"Okay."

"Please be careful, hyung. W-we don't want-"

"Don't worry, Jiminie. I won't let anything happen to him. We have bodyguards following us too."

"Okay, okay." Jimin's voice was shaking and his distress was very much clear in it, judging by the small sob Jungkook just heard. "I don't know what- what-.. hyung, what am I to do now?"

"We will figure it out, Jiminie." Hoseok made eye contact with Jungkook through the rearview mirror. "We will figure it out."

After the call ended, there was a suffocating silence inside the van. Jungkook was the one who finally broke it.

"It's Taehyung, right?" He had to put in a lot of effort to keep his voice steady. "Something happened to him, right?"

Hoseok didn't answer. He didn't have to. The look of pure hopelessness that was on his face was enough of an answer for Jungkook.

Rest of the ride passed in silence. Jungkook refused to give way to the negative thoughts in his head. With the way Jimin and Hoseok were behaving, he knew something was terribly wrong. He knew, but he refused to acknowledge it. Until he knew for sure what had happened, Jungkook refused to give in to worry. It won't do anyone any help if he's crippled with fear.

Once they reached Taehyung's agency, Hoseok drove the van directly to the underground parking used by the artists and top management. Their coming must have been pre-informed because the guards let them in without any question.

He stopped the car, cut the engine off before turning around to look at Jungkook.

"Taehyung was coming back from a shooting and now Jimin can't contact him or anyone else in that van. And the van, it's… It's-" Hoseok's pause felt terrifying to Jungkook. "It's missing."

A man wearing a suit was waiting for them in the parking lot and he guided them to the executive elevator. Jungkook had his cap and mask, but still, it was better to have less people know about his presence in the company.

The man led them towards a conference room, where a flurry of activities were happening. Everyone looked up when the door opened and if anyone was surprised to see the two newcomers, they didn't show it.