12 - A Fraction Of A Thought.

Taehyung should have known, really. Should have read the signs. He takes pride in himself for knowing the emotions behind his boyfriend's every little expression. But in this case, he now knows that he failed terribly.

He failed to recognise that his baby was feeling jealous.

In Taehyung's defence, he has been in showbiz for a long time. He, and most of his usual acquaintances, knows the difference between acting and real life. And besides, it's not that hard to keep the two worlds separate, when you're surrounded by a crowd related to various aspects of shooting. 

For example, a heated makeout scene that can make the audience swoon over on TV, takes at least 8-10 shots to capture. Sometimes it's only a few seconds shot, before the director changes the camera angle. Or guides the actors body in a certain way and instructs them to have a certain look in your eye. To Taehyung, it always felt like a choreographed drill, rather than an intimate scene. It's just work. Nothing else.

What he failed to grasp was that Jungkook was new to this world. He had only begun to master the skill of turning on his emotions for the camera, and turning them off when the director yells 'cut'.

And it doesn't help that he has to watch the person he loves flirt with someone else. Hear the crowd whispers about how well suited and matched Taehyung and Sana is. How good of a chemistry they have on screen. 

Honestly, Taehyung should have known better.

Right now, they are shooting a scene with all 3 of them, Taehyung and Sana flirting while Jungkook is third wheeling. The shooting is going smoothly. Taehyung didn't think anyone else noticed Jungkook glaring subconsciously at Sana, everytime the girl did so much as look at Taehyung.

But once again, his assumption turned out to be wrong. 

"CUT!!" Yoongi's voice boomed through the air due to the loudspeaker he had in his hand. "Excellent! Jungkook, your expression is on point."

Jungkook shifted his feet unsteadily as he let the makeup team fuss over him, fixing his appearance for the next scene. 

Yoongi got up from his seat and walked towards them. He had few instructions to give about the next scene and once he was done, he turned towards Jungkook. 

"I must say, Jungkook, I'm very happy with your progress. You look exactly like a person burning with jealousy. And what's that thing you did with your tongue poking the inside of your cheek? It looked-"

Jungkook was not able to know what it looked like because Taehyung started to cough, choking on the water he was drinking. Yoongi and everyone else immediately turned their attention to the actor, till he calmed down a bit. 

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked in a concerned voice, as he tapped the younger's back with his fist. 

"Y-yeah." Taehyung managed to answer. "I'm f-fine."

Jungkook was also looking at him with a concerned gaze, but he dared not to approach. They can be friendly in public but still need to keep an appropriate distance.

Yoongi gave a nod and walked back to his seat. The thread of what he was saying to Jungkook, already forgotten.

Taehyung gave a small smile to Jungkook, discreetly, conveying that he is indeed okay. They resumed the shooting with the next scene, but Jungkook was not exactly meeting Taehyung's eye for the rest of the day.

____________________________

Jungkook repeatedly turned his phone on his hand absentmindedly. He knew how he behaved at the set today worried his boyfriend but he just couldn't help it. How can someone watch the love of their life flirt with another person, acting or otherwise? 

He knew it was extremely childish but  Jungkook totally didn't fancy telling Taehyung that so he was dreading going home for the day. He turned the phone one last time and dialled a number. 

It took a few seconds to connect.

"Hello. Hobi hyung, Are you busy?"

_______________________

"-and then I asked Jungkook what he was doing at the part at that time and this kid looked at me with his bambi eyes and went 'I miss my family' like what am I supposed to do-"

The ringtone of his phone stopped Hoseok from telling his story and he looked at the screen to see who it was. "I'm sorry, Jimin, I have to take this call. It's Jungkook."

"Of course, hyung." Jimin raised a piece of squid that was on his chopsticks with an air of a royalty giving permission. 

Hoseok chuckled, before answering the call. "Kookie.. uhh.. no, I'm just having dinner. Is something wrong?"

Hoseok's eyebrows furrowed for a second before he got up from his chair. He walked away from the table after giving an apologetic smile to Jimin.

Few minutes later, Hoseok returned and apologized to Jimin for having to cut their drink- night short. Jimin assured him that it was okay and that he will just go after finishing his glass. 

____________________________

Taehyung had decided to go for pizza today. He was having his second slice when his phone rang. After wiping his greasy fingers with a tissue, he answered the call.

"Hey Jimin, what's up?.... yeah, it's this Saturday right? I remember…. Ohh. That's okay with me.… tomorrow? Sure. Thank you.… no worries, I was not sleeping. But didn't you say you were going for drinks with hob- uhh.… Hoseok. Aren't you still there?.... oh. Jungkook had an emergency and called Hoseok, is it?.... ah no, no. It's nothing. I was just curious…. yeah, send those files in the morning itself okay…. Goodnight."

After the call was disconnected, Taehyung stared at the phone for a long time. Despite his protests, a thought.. no, a fraction of a thought started to form in his mind. And he didn't like that at all.

Taehyung opened his phone and searched for the message he received from Jungkook in the evening. 

"Hobi hyung wanted to discuss about something. I'm going to the office directly after the shooting. Don't wait up for me, okie. I don't want to disturb your sleep when I come back so I think I'll sleep in my apartment today. Good night."