45 - Thank You For Finding Him..

Namjoon twirled the phone in his hand. He knows he should call somebody. For one, Kim Taehyung needs serious medical attention. He can't just let him be in a remote village house.

But, from the way the village leader spoke about it, Kim Taehyung seemed to be scared of being found by the wrong people and who exactly were those wrong people? Namjoon had no clue. The actor had said not to contact the police even so he could very well be in a life threatening danger, possibly already having been in one.

Driven by a sudden 'light-bulb' thought, Namjoon picked up his phone and dialed a number which was saved with a heart-eyes emoji. It took a few rings to get answered, and Namjoon had this strange image of the recipient holding the phone in his hand, but contemplating to answer.

"Hello."

"Good morning, Dr Kim. Hope I didn't catch you at a busy time."

"Good morning."

Namjoon waited for a few seconds for Jin to say something but when the latter didn't, Namjoon rushed to speak.

"Dr Kim? This is Kim Namjoon. Uhhh.. Intern from the hospital?"

Namjoon thought that the voice from the other end had a slight hint of a smile to it, but he couldn't be hundred percent sure of it.

"I know who you are. I have your number saved."

That did make Namjoon flash a small smile. "Ahh.. of course. Okay."

"Isn't today your day-off? Why did you call me?"

"You know when my day-off is?"

There was a pause, which made Namjoon regret blurting out his stupid question. Usually he's much more intelligent than this but whenever Dr Kim is involved, Namjoon turns into this court jester. He was just about to apologize for his question when Jin spoke up again.

"Well, if this is a social call, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to cut-"

"No, no! This is important. Like life and death situation important."

"Life and- okay, I'm listening."

"I- uhhh.. didn't know who else to call. He had said not to call the police, but I can't just keep him here. His condition is too severe for that. But then I remembered how you got the idol, Jeon Jungkook to play for Sooyun. And they were in a drama together recently so I thought maybe you can work a connection and I don't know, like get a contact number of his family or manager or someone."

A seconds pause, after which a high alert voice came through from the other end. "Who are you talking about?"

"Kim Taehyung. You know the actor, Kim Taehyung. He is here and he's badly hurt-

"Where are you?" Namjoon could hear a rustling sound, as well as the urgency in that question. "Where is he? How is he?!"

Little baffled by the intensity of the response he's getting, Namjoon proceeded to give a short description to Seokjin about the location of the village, his voluntary work and Taehyung's condition.

"I'm on my way. How far is it from Seoul?"

"Uhh.. About 5 hours on the road." Namjoon scratched his head a bit. "Plus there's a part where you have to walk because there's no road for a vehicle."

Again, there was a pause for a few seconds, and Namjoon held the phone tightly against his ear. "Okay wait, I'll call you back."

The line was cut abruptly. Namjoon pulled down his phone and stared at it. He was still staring about a half a minute later when it rang again.