32 - I'm only human..

"Hello, everyone." Jungkook gave a small bow and a smile, as soon as the live stream showed that it's connected. "I'll wait for about a minute, okay? Looks like you guys are still joining."

Jungkook alternated between looking at the camera, giving soft smiles and looking at the comments. He tried to keep the smile on his face but with every negative comment,  it started to slip a bit. He thought he was strong enough to withstand the disappointment and hate from the world but looks like he was wrong about that.

"I'm sorry guys, but I'm gonna have to close the comment section today. There are some things that I wanted to tell you guys, but I might not be able to do it if I keep on looking at the comments. Hope you all understand."

Taehyung, who was sitting on the bed behind the laptop, gave an approving nod. He didn't have to check the live to see how harsh some of it can be. They have all been there at some part of their careers.

"Okay.. Guess it's enough time." Jungkook gave another small smile. "Hi everyone. How are you all today? Hope life is treating you well and you all are happy. It was a really sunny and warm morning today, right? So I thought I'd go for a run."

"By now, I believe all of you have seen the news about me and probably saw what happened at the entrance of my apartment. Guys.."

Jungkook took a deep breath and looked straight at the camera. "It was really not okay. Coming up to my house, invading my privacy, pushing mics and cameras at my face was not okay. I was really startled and to be honest.. It was rather scary."

"I know as idols, our lives are always under the spotlight. And I'm used to it, I really am. I mean I knew it'll be like that when I signed up for this job, you know?"

Taehyung's heart was breaking into pieces by listening to Jungkook's humorless chuckle. He wasn't sure whether the rest of the world will be able to see it but he sure can see the immense hurt and pain in that action.

"But still, it isn't a nice feeling when people corner you like that. When people try to prod and probe around your life, trying to find things which are personal.. or sensitive.. It's not cool guys. Not cool at all."

"I'm really grateful for the support and all the love you all gave me throughout these years. You guys are literally the reason I'm here right now. Jeon Jungkook would not have a career if it weren't for you guys. But, having said that, you gotta realize this. While our success is dependent on public support and our Music or art are open to public opinion, our personal lives are not. We are not puppets, you guys. We are not just idols, we are human too."

It was so hard for Taehyung to not break into clapping. He was so proud of his baby, who is taking a stand not only for himself, but also for every single artist in the industry. So many of them had faced this struggle and hidden away their pain and disappointment in the shadows. Because the limelight doesn't allow any cowards. One wrong move, one toe out of line, and you're out.

But apparently, Jungkook was just getting started.

"So, I want all of you to think before you act. Not just now, but everytime something like this happens to anyone. Put yourself in our shoes and think, okay.. Do we really deserve this?  Are we answerable to you, about every single detail of our lives? I don't think so."

Jungkook took a deep breath and thought for a second, just to see if he had covered everything he wanted to say. And came to the conclusion, yes, he did.

"So, that's that. And about the news article, I don't want to confirm nor deny any of it. Simply because it's nobody's business but mine. And.."

Jungkook suddenly fell silent, his mind deep in thought. Taehyung shifted a bit in concern and unintentionally, made a tiny sound of the bed sheets rustling.