51 - Stopped World...

"So, I've got a call from our guys in the police. Sana had accepted all the charges." Jimin said as soon as he walked into the hospital room.

Taehyung was having his lunch. He had been craving to eat Jajangmyeon so he had gotten some delivered from his favorite restaurant. Jungkook was sitting on the chair next to him, with another bowl of Jajangmyeon, when Jimin came with the latest update on Sana's case.

"All of them?"

"Yep, every single one." Jimin confirmed with a nod. "She admitted to active participation in what her uncle was doing. And get this, it's not even a lie. "

"What?!"

"Yeah, I also thought that she accepted those because Jungkook threatened her with much bigger charges but the police had checked up on the details she gave and as it turned out, she actually knew what was happening!"

"That's- wow, I can't believe her. She portrays such an innocent picture to the world."

"I never liked her." Jungkook huffed, making both Jimin and Taehyung laugh.

"Oh come on, baby." Taehyung said teasingly. "That's because you thought she was out to get me. Which, she actually was, but not in the way you were thinking."

Jungkook huffed at that teasing. "Whatever. She seemed… too good to be true."

"Yes, yes. Good judgment call. Next time, I'll let you vet any potential friends I come across."

"Hmmm, I suppose I could do that."

Jimin couldn't help but laugh at that playful banter. Jungkook and Taehyung behaved in such a well-practiced familiarity that will only be possible after spending a long time together. Jimin was actually surprised nobody picked up on it. Their domesticity was blaring like a siren.

The three of them were talking about this and that, when Jimin's phone rang. He picked it up after checking the number.

"Hello… what?! How the hell did that happen?!... uh huh. But how?.. Oh my god! Please tell me you're gonna sue everyone… yeah.. no, I'm at the hospital. I'll let him know… yeah. Let me know if any updates.. okay. Bye."

Jungkook and Taehyung watched in surprise as Jimin cursed into the phone call, before snapping the phone shut. "Dear God! Can't we catch a break at all?!"

"What happened?" Taehyung asked in a concerned voice but Jimin was already busy with the phone again, furiously typing something.

He cursed again as he read whatever that he was searching for, before looking up at the duo.

"There's news circulating about Tae being in the hospital. And also you two."

"Us? What about us?"

Jimin waved a hand towards them. "About you. That you two are in a relationship."

"How?" Taehyung asked as he and Jungkook shared a concerned look. "Who posted it?"

"A media outlet, citing insider information, they say. Has to be someone from the hospital because the details are pretty accurate. That's not the issue though. Your relationship is mentioned as a recent one and now Taehyung is being trashed by the public as someone who broke Jungkook's several years long, fairytale-love story." Jimin explained angrily, while air-quoting the word 'fairytale'.

"Oh."

"Yeah. And Jungkook is of course the unfaithful cheater and all that jazz. Looks like both your fandoms are at each other's throat. Well, at least they're not accusing either of you of doing this for publicity. Excuse me, I need to talk to Yoonie."