47 - I Was So Scared...

"Did you miss me?"

Jungkook.. wailed.. if it were any other instance, he would have been ashamed of the sound he let out but right now, he could care less. Jungkook threw himself at Taehyung, just as the door opened and Seokjin came in. The elder looked frantic, worried that something must have gone wrong for Jungkook to make such a sound. But his eyes softened at the next second, as he looked at the crying man.

Taehyung tried to console Jungkook, tried to make him stop crying but after a few minutes of futile attempt, he just let the man be. He couldn't even imagine what Jungkook went through, not knowing whether the love of your life was alive or not. If the roles were reversed, Taehyung was sure that he'd lose his mind. As much as he suffered in the accident and the physical pain, he knew that he got the better deal out of the two of them.

Others, who followed Seokjin, stood near the bed. Jimin had glassy eyes, which he rubbed every few seconds so that he would not end up crying. Hoseok and Yoongi looked relieved. Seokjin.. Well, Seokjin seemed to be crying as much as Jungkook, except that it was silent.

Taehyung extended one of his hands toward Seokjin, and the latter grabbed it with both his hands. "W-was this baby crying the whole time?"

"N-no." Seokjin struggled to get the words out. "H-he was making plans to burn the world. Good thing you came back before that."

That earned another wave of sobbing from Jungkook, who hadn't so far lifted his head from where he was hiding it between Taehyung's neck and shoulder. Taehyung had one of his hands around Jungkook's back and he tightened his embrace even more.

"I'm so sorry, baby." Taehyung whispered. "So sorry."

After giving the duo a few more minutes, Seokjin pressed the emergency button. He had Jungkook move away from the bed before the doctors came in, letting the idol compose himself.

After the doctors went away, everyone gathered around Taehyung's bed again. Taehyung had half of the bed elevated, and was leaning against it. Jungkook was sitting on a chair, with his hand intertwined with Taehyung's and head laid on the bed next to Taehyung.

"Can you tell us what happened?"

Taehyung took a deep breath and started to talk. He told about the accident, what he heard and how he escaped.

"It took me some time to pull my leg out because it was stuck under the front seat. I think I might have been the one to break it with the pull, although I don't remember it hurting at that time. The van was underwater but the glass on the side was shattered so I managed to swim out from there. When I came up to the surface, I tried to swim towards the shore but the river was flowing too fast and too strong. And all I could do was to float without drowning. There was this piece of a log and I just held on to that. I must have soon passed out and.. I don't exactly know what happened after that. I sort of remember seeing an old man but I'm not sure. Next thing I remember is here."

"Well, you have drifted down towards a rural village and they rescued you. You have told the people there not to call anyone, not even the police, before you lost consciousness. So they didn't know what to do. Luckily one of my colleagues found you there. He called me because he knew that I have some connections with Kookie and wanted me to pass the message through him to your family."

"He doesn't know that we are.." Taehyung asked in a cautious voice and Seokjin shook his head.

"No, no one here does. I had to inform the upper management though, or else they wouldn't have let me make decisions on behalf of you."

"It's okay. I never minded."

Yoongi glanced at Jimin with questioning eyes but Jimin subtly shook his head. He doesn't know either.