41 - He's Involved With Me..

"Thank you, Yoonie." Jimin whispered to the receiver, while glancing at Taehyung worriedly. "No, I understand. This is more than enough…. Yes… not yet, but I actually have a meeting with them today so hopefully, we will have something to work on… doesn't matter, we have unlimited resources when it comes to him… yes.. Yes, I'll call you back later. Bye."

Taehyung silently took his manager's facial expression, immediately guessing what could be the reason for it. "They got to Yoongi hyung too?"

Jimin sighed. "Not really. It was one of the producers in his next drama. Your name was discussed as a potential candidate for the main lead. Potential. And now, suddenly, one of the producers has said that they will pull their fundings, if the role is offered to you."

"Did they give a reason?'

"The scandal. You know, family values and all that blah blah blah." Jimin shrugged. "The drama is about the bond between parents and children. Kinda makes sense for them to reject you. But Yoongi did mention something strange."

"Strange?"

"Yeah. He said that the producer sounded scared."

"Oh.."

"Don't worry about it. I have a meeting with the private investigation team in a little while. Let's see what they have to say."

"I'm coming with you."

"No- Tae, that's not necessary. I can handle this."

"I know you can. But I wanna be there too. So, I'm coming."

Jimin was considering it for a few seconds, before he gave a nod. "Okay."

______________________________

"T-this can't be true." Jimin stuttered, as he looked at the file given by the security team. "H-how- Why?!"

"That's what we are trying to find out now." The leader of the investigation, Mr Yoo answered. "So far, we couldn't find any connection between them and Mr Kim."

"Of course you won't find any connection between me and the bloody mafia!" Taehyung hissed angrily.

"Connections don't necessarily mean interactions, Mr Kim." One of the investigators explained in a calm voice. "For example, you may have unknowingly caused them some financial loss. Or made some hindrance in their activities. Or it could be as simple as their involvement in some competitor in your own field. It could be anything."

Mr Yoo nodded his head in agreement. "But we are confident of one thing. Whatever it is, they are trying very hard to be discreet while putting their full effort. It was almost impossible to find traces of their blackmailing. Nobody was willing to talk."

"They were hitting hard and weren't taking any chances of failure."

"What can we do for this?" Jimin groaned in frustration. "We can let them get away with this!"

"It's the mafia, Mr Park." Mr Yoo said as he shook his head. "You'll be surprised at just how much they can get away with. For now,  we will keep on this route of investigation. And see where it leads us. And also, we are collaborating with the police and we have already recommended an increase in Mr Kim's security detail."

"H-his security detail?"

"Yes, Mr Park. We can't dismiss the possibility that they might try to physically harm Mr Kim. It's the mafia after all."

"Oh my God!"

"As for the dating allegations, we are monitoring all her and the child's moves and so far, we didn't find any relation to either Mr Kim or the mafia. She seemed to be having a lay down life. We do have a possible lead on what we think is about the child's actual father so we are putting all our efforts in that front. If we can prove he's the father, the pregnancy and dating allegations will fall through."