Chapter 19

I hum, "so you have brothers right?" He asks.

I hum again

"I'm on speaker around them right?"

"Yes"

"Good. Everyone, I need you all be nice to my little Thena and treat her well. If you don't I'll hunt you down and kill you without a doubt" he announces in his mafia voice.

I see some gulp and try to keep the small smirk off of my face.

"Okay, Ares I think they get it. Now I have to go but I'll call you back I promise" I say.

"Okay, you better do, otherwise I'll come to you." He says but I can practically feel him smiling.

"I will, promise" I tell him

"Okay, I love you Thena, I'll see you soon"

I smile, "I love you Res, bye" is the last thing I say before I put out the phone call.

I place the phone back in my pocket before I look back up again, the small smile still permanent on my face.

"Who was that?" Valerio asks.

"Ares" I say casually

"And who's this Ares" Alec now asks.

"My friend" I answer his question.

"How close are you and this friend?" Ian asks.

"Very close I guess, share everything with each other" I say.

"You're sure you're not dating?" Valentino asks.

"Yes" I say.

"How old is this apparent Ares?" Angelo asks.

"Seriously?!"

"Yes"

"He's 19, now enough. This is ridiculous" I answer his question before I force some food in my mouth so I don't have to keep talking and answering their stupid questions.

———

When dinner's over, I make my way back to my room where I take a quick shower before getting dressed in my sweatpants once more.

I braid my hair to the side to let my hair dry a little wavy.

I clean everything up when I catch a glance of my neck in the mirror.

Around my neck is the handprint visibly bruised.

Blue and yellow in the shape of a hand- John's hand.

I take a deep breath and turn away, then leave the bathroom.

The second I walk in my room, I'm greeted with Atlas sitting on my bed.

I grab my heart from scare since I wasn't expecting it to see him there.

I pull the collar of my hoodie higher since I know he'd see the bruise if I didn't.