Chapter 45

Before Atlas kicks the door open I quickly ask him one more question, "what's our headteacher's name?"

"You don't know our teacher's name?" He asks me with laughter lacing his voice.

"No- how would I know, I've never seen him or heard of him before" I tell him.

He nods his head, "true"

"So what's hers or his name?" I ask once again.

"Mr. Garrison" he tells me before literally kicking open the door.

"Atlas" I slightly scold him before I follow him inside the room.

The teacher looks more then annoyed- a little angry even. Well that is until he looks up and sees Atlas.

His expression falters then he sees me standing here too.

He looks confused until realization begins to kick in, "you're the new student" he says.

I nod my head while he stands up from his desk, closing his laptop at the same time.

"Class-" he starts while looking at everyone and walking closer to me, "-this is your new student, would you like to introduce yourself?" He asks me.

I give him a curt nod, "hello everyone, my name's Athena and I'm 16 years old" I tell all the gawking faces.

They look at Atlas then me, then Atlas again then me this continues for a while

"Does anyone have any questions for Athena?" The teacher asks the class.

Hands fly up faster then I would've thought and expected.

Mr. Garrison points to a girl with long blond hair, "are you two related?" She asks in a sneering voice while pointing between Atlas and I.

Well that's not her business

"Euhm yeah" I say.

She nods her head while relaxing a little as she pushes her breast up.

Okay?

The teacher rolls his eyes while pointing to a boy, "do you have boyfriend?" He asks with a smug smirk on his face.

I cringe a little, "No she does not and you won't be hers" I hear Atlas speak in a cold voice next to me.

The guy gulps nervous and looks away from me.

There's an awkward tension in the room for a few seconds until the teacher clears his throat, "well, you can chose a place and sit down. Welcome to this class" he says calmly and walks back to his desk where he sits down.

He opens his laptop while Atlas and I walk to two open spots which aren't together.

Atlas' place is at the left side of the classroom while mine is at the right side.

I sit down and place the crutches underneath the chair I am sitting on.

Next to me is a boy, "hey" I greet him.

He looks at me and smiles, "hey, I'm Noah" he greets me back.

I smile, "that's a nice name" I tell him, trying to make conversation with the brown haired boy.

He smiles showing his dimples, it's contagious his smile.

For the rest of the lesson we talk.

————

I have math now, alone.

Atlas dropped me off in front of the classroom after a small fifteen minute break before leaving to go to his own class.