Chapter 46

I've finished these exercises in less then ten minutes so for the rest of this period I help Eva with certain things she doesn't understand and work on some files for work.

It's finally time for lunch.

Eva and I walk to the cafeteria together.

We sit down at a table where Noah is also sitting at.

"Guys this is Athena, Athena these are Noah, Oliver, Oliva and Blaze." Ava says while pointing to everyone.

I smile and wave, "hey"

"Hey" Oliva says smiling wildly

"And we meet again" Noah smiles while moving to the side so Ava and I can sit down

"You two have met?" Oliver says a little surprised

"Yeah first period" Noah says

We all start talking with each other about everything and nothing, just getting to know each other, well everyone except for Blaze.

He's quiet and just stares at us- at me.

I turn to him, "hey" I greet him.

He just looks at me for a while until he nods his head in a greeting way.

"You're Blaze right"'I say trying to make conversation.

He gives me a curt nod, "I am, you are Athena right"

I nod as a small smile laces my lips.

He's hot not going to lie.

Beautiful brown hair with green eyes.

"You're not eating, why?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders.

I'm not hungry

He looks at his tray before he grabs a small unopened bag of chips.

"Here" he says while reaching the bag out to me

"It's okay, I'm not hungry, you can eat it" I tell him.

He doesn't say anything for a few seconds, "I wasn't going to eat it, here" he says while trying to hand it to me once more.

I shake my head as a small smile is pretty evident on my face, "no it's okay"

"Athena" he says.

I look up and meet his eyes- his beautiful eyes, "yeah?"

"Take it" he says, his eyes clearly amused

"I'll pay you back" I say while taking my wallet out of my pocket and open it up.

I quickly take out some money and hand it to him, "here"

He shakes his head no, he curls my hand close.

Shivers crawl up my body.

"No, it's free" he says.

"But-"

"No buts"

I drop my shoulders, "fine, next time I'll pay" I say

A smirk takes over his face, "who says that there'll be a next time, love?"

I feel heat crawl up my neck and I just know I'm red.

No one has called me love before.

I hear him laugh a little, "come on eat" he says and places the bag in my hands.

His hand slightly brushed mine in the process.

It takes everything in me not to turn red once more but I can't help the shivers that travel through my arm.

"Thank you" I say sincere as he just smiles in return.

Suddenly out of nowhere, the bag of chips gets ripped out of my hand.

I gasp and look up to see my brothers.

Well fuck.

Valerio grabs me by the arm and drags me up, "hey stop" I say a little angry

"You were supposed to sit with us during lunch and not this idiot" he says surprisingly calm.

"Well I-"

"No Athena, you listen to us. We are your brothers and you will not sit with Blaze" he says now harshly as his grip tightens on my upper arm.

I cry in pain, "you're hurting me, let go" I demand the last words.

He doesn't listen to me and when I try to rip my arm out of his hold, he tightens his grip even more.

"Let her go" Blaze now interferes

Valerio ignored him so Atlas slowly helps me with getting him off of me.

Eventually I'm forced to sit with my brothers at their table with Atlas sitting next to me.

I stay silent the whole time, ignoring them all.

————

School is finally over.

I made friends but I'm not sure I'll ever see them again since Valerio acted like that.

I probably lost my chance at making friends, they won't want to be friends with me after all that.

Jesus, Valerio looked like he was ready to beat Blaze up.

It scared me, not going to lie.

It scared me that he could just suddenly change like that. He hurt me, I literally have a bruise from it. It scares me to know thought he could just hurt me, that he could hurt me even more then he did.

It was small yes- just a handprint on my upper arm but that doesn't mean that it didn't scare me.

We're in the car now, on our way back to the house.

Except for that thing during lunch, my day was pretty good.

My teachers are okay and nice most of the time and the students were okay for the most part of the day.

When the car stops I immediately try to get out but soon notice that Valerio put that child lock on the door.

I take a deep breath, "open.the.door" I spit out.

Valerio turns to look at me, "no" he says.

"Open the fucking door Valerio" I say pist.

"No" he says a little louder now.

I take a deep breath, "why were you so mean" I ask him, "I made friends and you ruined it all, they'll probably never want to speak with me again and that's all your fault. Now open the fucking door!" I say harshly.

He looks at me for a few seconds before reluctantly unlocking the door.

I quickly throw my backpack over my shoulder and get out of this stupid car.

I start walking inside as my brothers follow me.

I stare at the front door angrily, "Athena-" Valerio starts once more.

"I don't want to talk to you right now" I say as Atlas unlocks the front door.

Soon I'm heading to the room I'm staying in and avoid all of my brothers for the rest of the day.