Chapter 23

I slump against the door and slowly exhaustion starts to take over and I fall into a sleep full of nightmares.

——— Athena at 13 years old

I squeal in joy as Henry trows me over his shoulder before he starts walking to the living room.

"Henry what are you doing!?" I laugh loudly.

"We're having a movie night Rosie" he says before throwing me onto the couch.

I smile as Ares hugs me from behind and they turn me so I'm sitting in between both of them.

I take the remote off of the coffee table hoping that I'll get to chose.

But I don't since Ares just pulls the remote out of my hands, "you chose last time, it's my turn now" he says smiling wickedly.

I slightly glare at him but nod my head and lie down.

Henry pulls me into his side while wrapping his arm around my shoulder while Ares throws a blanket over us all.

He puts on some random movie which I honestly could care less about.

I've never been loved in my entire life except for now, this-...this is really nice.

I smile while snuggling further between the two of them as the intro of the movie appears.

———

We're around half an hour into the movie when suddenly the electricity goes out.

I still next to Ares and Henry.

"Stay here, I'll go look" Henry says while pulling his arm away.

As he stands up, I grab his hand, "it'll be okay, here" he says while handing me a handgun that was hidden under the couch.

I nod my head which he of course can't see but I grab the gun as he places a small kiss on the top of my head.

"Ares stay here with her" he now says to Ares.

Ares agrees while taking out a gun that was hidden under the coffee table.

Ares tugs me closer to him

I can fight and shoot a gun and so so much more but I can't help but feel worried for Henry and Ares.

I don't want anything happening to them.

Without them I have no one.

My heart beats loudly in my throat as my hands are clasped firmly around the gun.

I look around very aware of my surroundings.

The back up generator should be on by now, why is it not on!?

My breathing is uneven as I look around in the dark but can't see anything.

Sudden the lights go back on and the room is filled with men.