Chapter 21

Everyone starts eating while Vincenzo starts talking to me, "Athena after breakfast you will come to my office for the rules understand" he demands.

I nod my head slowly as a little panic rises in my chest.

Rules...

Rules mean punishments which means that Vincenzo is probably exactly like John.

Vincenzo will beat me...

I don't eat anything and just sit there trying to prepare myself for that conversation that's going to occur later.

My skin itches painfully from the nerves striking everywhere.

I take some deep breaths as my ribs burn in protest.

It'll be fine.

It'll all be okay and if it won't then I'll just have to leave.

I have money and I have Ares.

"You guys have to go" Angelo announces to Atlas, Valerio and Valentino.

I look at Atlas slightly confused on where they are going.

I don't want to be alone with Vincenzo since it looks like the others are also standing up to go to work or something.

Everyone except for Vincenzo and I go on their feet.

No no no

I don't like this

Atlas walks over to me with his backpack on his back, "we'll be back in a few hours after school okay" he says while bending down a little.

I hesitantly nod my head before he gives me a small kiss on the head before smiling and leaving as the others trails behind each other but not before saying a small goodbye.

I grab my crutches and decide to stand up while Vincenzo tracks my movements.

When I'm standing and maids walk in the room to grab to used plates, Vincenzo stands up too.

He walks up to me and I avoid his gaze.

I avoid his gaze entirely and just look behind him.

"Follow me" is all he says before he turns around and starts walking away.

I snap out of my slight dazzled gaze and start following him.

Vincenzo walks fast- too fast for someone who's walking on crutches.

I almost fall once by slipping on the smooth floor.

When I finally make it to the hallway where Vincenzo disappeared into a few moments ago, I start to tense up.

I slowly walk to the back where I walk in and meet Vincenzo sitting behind his desk in the middle of the room with huge windows as a background.

Leather chairs are standing in front of his desk as dark brown bookshelfs litter the walls.

I walk further inside as Vincenzo makes some weird hand motions, telling me to sit down in one of the leather chairs.