Chapter 35

The last thing I notice is someone knocking on my door.

———

Atlas' POV.

Athena is not okay

We were in the car before and she only kept growing more and more pale as she kept falling in and out of unconsciousness.

She couldn't even stand, Ian had to carry her to her room.

I'm worried about her, something is wrong but I don't know what.

Something in me is telling me that something bad is happening to her. There's this weird feeling that I've never really had before, no well I have but never like this. Never this intense.

I want to check up on her but what if she's sleeping, I wouldn't want to wake her up.

But as the feeling only gets worse I decide to just check on her.

Slowly I walk out of my room and knock on her door.

Nothing.

She's probably sleeping.

I start to walk away from her room but the feeling only gets worse and worse.

It's almost unbearable.

I can't....

I walk back to her room and knock once more on her door.

Still nothing but as the worry turns more into fear, I walk inside but not before telling her that I'm coming in.

I walk inside and my heart stops.

No

No

No

Athena is half lying on her bed with blood covering her as well as her white bed sheets.

A needle with tread lies on her stomach which has been pushed through her skin.

Blood continues to pile out of her fragile body.

"Ena?" My voice breaks as I slowly walk up to her.

No no no

Please tell me she isn't dead

Tears appear in my eyes as I trip over one of the bags that we got when we were shopping, her whole room is filled with them.

I slowly lean over her body and place my fingers against her neck.

Nothing

Nothing

No

No

No

Then there a small pulse

Very light and too slow but it's there.