Chapter 42

So until I fell asleep, I told him about the rules John had for me.

It probably wasn't the best thing, telling him all that but I'm blaming it on feeling weak.

I just got out of a coma, I felt weak and stuff.

Anyway Atlas hasn't acted any differently than before which is good I guess. 

Now I'm just sitting here in this hospital bed while responding to emails for the mafia.

When you are in a coma, it's rather difficult to be taking care of a mafia.

I haven't seen that doctor since yesterday which I am grateful for.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand looking at her.

She scared me with that nonsense of her.

I didn't want her to know about the abuse, I don't even know her.

Suddenly the doors of the room get slammed open.

Ares.

I smile and practically throw myself into his arms.

"I thought you were in a coma" he states while hugging me tighter

"I was" I tell him

"What the fuck happened?" He asks me worriedly.

"Oh did you know that that girl I had killed in the assassination attempt had a twin sister, neither did I. Well she wasn't really happy so she tried to kill me, I couldn't really defend myself with all those injuries from John so I got stabbed and yeah" I say

He looks down at me, "you could've died" he states.

"I could've but I didn't" I tell him.

"Thena-"

"Ares I'm okay. The injuries are almost entirely healed, don't worry about me. I can handle myself" I tell him.

"I'm just glad you're okay" he mutters while pressing a soft kiss to my head.

I smile lightly, "how is everything in the mafia going?" I ask him, whispering next to his ear so no one else hears.

"Euhm well , it's been okay but you really need to coma back. Some are wondering if you're still alive and shit and the Italians are starting to fuck things up. Nothing we couldn't handle but we'll need to send them a message" he says.

I nod my head, "okay"

No one outside of my mafia knows what I look like but the members inside do.

I'm their boss, if they don't see me they can't be sure that I'm still alive.

"As soon as I'm out of this hospital I'll come to the base, you're here so fast" I tell him.

"Yeah, I was on my way to that meeting in Italy, to discuss all that shit he's been doing and how we can stop it you know, but he canceled last minute, saying he had to go somewhere."