Chapter 59

Luckily the door of the room soon gets opened up and Atlas appears in front of us again- covered in wounds.

I make sure Elijah can't see him so he doesn't get scared as I slowly make my way over to Atlas while still holding Lijah. 

"Atlas?" I whisper softly while kneeling down next to his bruised up body.

Slowly he manages to get up with my help and we slowly walk back to our place against the wall on the right side of the door.

"Are you bleeding?" I ask him gently while I continue rocking Lijah to sleep.

He gives me a small smile, "a little, you?"

"A little too" I say.

"What happened?" I ask him worriedly, "-I just came back here and you were gone while Elijah was scared to dead"

"A few hours after you were taken, father came to take me. I-..I was in the room next to yours, dad and some other men beat me as I was forced to w-watch you as you were tortured at first and then-then..." he says and quickly glances away while blinking away tears.

He saw me get raped over and over again by the same group of men who gave me some fresh new whip slashes, bruises and cuts....

"Oh" I say swallowing deeply

I was crying and screaming and begging for them to stop when they did that.

He saw that

"Don't think about it too much Atlas, it's easier that way" I say gently while I hold his hand.

He looks at me with tears in his eyes and then pulls me into his side, "I'm so sorry that happened to you, I tried to make them stop, I really did, I'm sorry" he says softly as my head is buried into his chest.

His arms wrap around me and Elijah, "I'm okay Atlas, I swear I-I'm okay" I manege to get out as my voice breaks.  

He gives me a small kiss on my forehead, "it's okay not to be okay after something like that" he says gently.

"I know but... I can't think about it, if I do then... I just can't, I need to be strong for Elijah and you, I can't let these kind of things break me again" I tell him as I hug Elijah closer to me and snuggle my head into Atlas a little more.

I take a deep breath before I start speaking again, "Atlas, they have some listening devise somewhere in this room. Everything we say, they hear" I whisper close to his ear.

His eyes widen, "remember for example when I told you about Elijah, you were saying that you would have liked it to meet him and father literally responded to your sentence while walking inside with Elijah trailing behind him" I continue.

"Oh shit" he whispers.

"They probably heard our only two escape plans too" he says.

I nod my head.

"This is not good" he says worriedly

Suddenly a sharp pain erupts in my arm.

I gasp pained as tears emerge in my eyes.