Chapter 29

Honestly what was I even expecting? A beautiful dream- yeah right

———

Atlas' POV.

I walk in my house with the twins trailing behind me.

Immediately we head to the kitchen and while I open the pantry for some chips and cookies, Valerio and Valentino grab drinks from inside the fridge.

I jump up on the counter and catch the soda can that Valentino throws in my direction.

I open the can and take a big gulp of it before placing it down next to me.

I open a bag of chips and start eating from it when suddenly Valerio takes it out of my hands.

"Hey!" I exclaim annoyed and reach out to the bag which contents he's starting to eat from.

He just moves away from me while smirking, "No" he says and just when I want to talk back to him Kenzie walks in the kitchen with Ena's now extremely cold breakfast.

A small frown takes over my face, "Was Athena not hungry?" Valentino asks Kenzie.

She snaps out of her slightly shocked state, "euhm she hasn't come downstairs yet" she informs us.

It's in the afternoon.

In the corner of my eye, I see the twins look a little worried.

"I-I'm going to check up on her, we're leaving when the others arrive" I say.

"Oh Vincenzo send me a text that he can't come. He won't be here for a week since he needs to go to Italy" Valerio says.

I just nod my head before I skip up the stairs.

I'm honestly not really surprised that Vincenzo is leaving again.

He goes on a lot of business trips for the mafia and stuff but I don't know...I guess I'm a little disappointed.

I just hoped that he would've stayed for a little while more here at home with us since Athena's finally here again.

Well I was clearly wrong.

I slowly make my way to Athena's room when a petrified scream echoes from there.

My heart stops and a fraction of a second later it drops.

I quickly run to her room as fear devours my body.

I grab the gun out of my jeans while I hear my brothers also run upstairs since they probably heard the screaming too.

I throw Athena's door open and expecting to see a murderer or something, I hold my gun up.

No one

No one is in here except for my twin sister.

My twin sister who is lying on the bed screaming and shaking.

Tears stain her face as she struggles against no one but herself.