Prologue

You might have an idea of how the Deviless might be like: residing amidst the burning hell, eyes fierce and bloodshot, with a scary scowl on the face that could pierce through your mind and manipulate you endlessly.

Well, you’re not wrong.

Our Deviless, here, is exactly like you can imagine — no, not exactly looking like Pennywise from It, because dude, she’s high-key pretty — but all villains have someone as their correcting forces.

And in this case, it was the Deviless’ mother.

As the Deviless slept (even demons need some sleep; you can't discriminate, now, can you?) soundly in her bed, the Mommy Devil came rushing in, yelling, "Wake up, kid!"

Our Deviless slept without an issue.

"Wake up!"

"...zzz…"

Mommy Devil then, using her superpowers, flipped the bed upside-down, making her daughter fall face-first onto the ground. That's one way to wake up your kid, I guess.

"OW! WHO DARED TO WAKE ME UP?" The sleepy Deviless shouted at no one in particular, and when she got up, she saw her mother scowling at her in disappointment. Groaning, she stood up, yawning and stretching her arms.

"Look at your hair!" Mommy Devil grimaced, walking towards her daughter and trying her goddamn best to settle her hair into place.

"You do know that it's pointless to do that right now, right?" Deviless deadpanned. Damn, waking her up was one hell of a job.

Mommy Devil huffed, leaving her hair, and starting yet again with her usual taunts, "It's a shame to call you the great Deviless of this place. Do you even know what's happening out there?"

Deviless yawned.

Her mother continued, "And you're yawning?! Is that all the importance you give to your position?"

"Mommy dearest," Deviless mocked, "I'm only on this seat because dad died. Oh, and because you don't have any other children. I don't even want this position! Why, couldn't you have had more sex-"

"Stop it, kid!" Mommy Devil snapped, and her daughter smiled evilly. So today's scene of entertainment was over successfully-

Until the Mommy dearest ended up speaking, "You're a disgrace to your kind!"

"Excuse me?" Deviless was genuinely offended. Okay, this was a new insult.

The mother folded her arms, "You pretend to be evil and cocky, but you've never taken an initiative to torture someone. You've never even killed a human! Do you even know what humans look like?"

"Well!" Deviless was speechless, but she still tried to argue, "I- Yeah!"

"Oh, really?" Her mother cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah! Of course! I k-know what humans look like!"

"I can easily tell that you're lying, kid."

Deviless slammed a hand on the overturned bed, "So what do you want me to do, huh?"

Mommy Devil sighed, "I just want you to live up to your reputation. Just… go out on Earth and kill a human."

"Uh huh? And that will make me live up to it?"

"At least it'll be a start?" Sighing again, Mommy Devil commanded her, "And as your mother, I order you to go up to Earth and torture and kill anyone. Gear up, because you're going there right away."

"N-Now?!"

"Oh? Do I see the Deviless being intimidated by mere humans?" she scoffed, "They are just pests. Torture and kill one, and come back."

Deviless was inwardly conflicted; true, she was the Queen of Hell, having taken up the responsibility and position after her dad, but she had never tried to kill or torment someone. She had seen humans being tormented, but nothing of such sorts attracted her to put her mind and body into doing it. She was mainly into tricks, but her cranky personality made her prone to what others said.

But why was she so conflicted now? Did she finally let someone confuse her?

No, she wasn't going up to the Earth just for the sake of her respect-

"Fine, I'm going there. You better prepare a feast for later, when I come back."

(a/n: eeeek happy birthday to our lovestay boyyy <3

Did you like this? It'll get much, MUCH better from the next chapter!!

Thanks for reading! I love you!)