Chapter 30: Dude, They Finally Kissed!

Jeongin waited patiently for her to speak, and she grasped his hands tighter. Throughout all of this, she had gotten accustomed to not shying away when they held hands. In fact, she loved the feeling of his hands in hers -- it felt comforting to her in a way she had never thought she would feel. Hell wasn't a kind place, and she knew it. But having lived there for over a century, she had gotten used to the rough treatment, even though she was the Deviless. 

And now, holding his hands, she wanted to blurt out all the information she had about him, and the pact that she had made with her mother. But she couldn't dare to scare him like that; yes, it's the same Eunha thinking that. You must be quite impressed by now. 

"I..." she began, not knowing what to say, so she got reminded of the night when she got the news right after they were about to kiss. So, she spoke, "Kiss me." 

"Huh?" It was fun to see him caught off-guard. 

"I said... kiss me," she breathed hard, not knowing why she was doing this. All she knew was that she needed comfort for herself, and to protect him from the ill intentions of her hometown. Plus, their kiss had been left incomplete, all thanks to her mom and the Grim Reaper. Talking of that Boney M (not), that medical case of malnutrition could screw himself. 

"As you say, Your Highness," he grinned, climbing up on the bed, their hands still interlocked, and sitting beside her. She turned to the side to face him, and he left one of her hands to cup her face, and whispered  to her, "I'll do whatever it takes to be with you." 

I'll do, too. 

Their faces inched closer and closer, and their noses touched in anticipation of the kiss that was about to happen at any given moment now. Eyes closed, her heart thumped humanly; the rush of adrenaline was pumping in her veins, and when his lips touched hers, it felt like a burst of euphoria. 

His lips on hers fit perfectly, perhaps like the missing piece of a puzzle. The loving embrace was so dreamy, so airy, that it seemed as if nothing could go wrong anymore; everything would settle into place, and she would be with him, and he would be with her for as long as they could go. 

Jeongin broke the kiss, and her eyes fluttered open slowly, and she looked at him through her long eyelashes. A tint of red covered both of their faces, and she smiled at him -- genuinely, lovingly. 

"You're so amazing," he remarked, "And I don't think that it's just random infatuation anymore..." 

"It's so weird, Jeongin," she herself continued, "I'm beginning to feel human. I... This is strange, I don't even know how to explain this." 

His hand, which still cupped her face, gently caressed her face, his thumb softly rubbing her lower lip, "It's okay to feel things, Eunha. It's okay." 

Overwhelmed with emotions and the built-up stress, if she could have been able to cry, she would have. However, she didn't have the physical ability to cry. 

So she smiled again -- she hadn't done this, ever -- and as she was about to speak, she heard applause from the corner of the room. And, of-fucking-course, it was the Grim Reaper, sitting not-so grimly at the corner, enjoying the show. 

"YOU FUCKER!" she yelled, undoing her shoe and throwing it at him. However, he vanished before it could hit him, and she groaned. 

She had never been so annoyed before. 

"What...?" Jeongin asked, confused, and she remembered that none of the living organisms in the world could see him -- no one but her. And she didn't have any explanation for that. 

"I... the MILF rat was sounding annoying," she spoke, pointing at the warden who had earlier been turned into a rat by her... accidentally, of course. 

"Oh!" he laughed, "You still have her?" 

"Yeah, where would she go?" she said, looking at the rat in its cage. 

"She's practically a pet now," he stated, "Have you thought of a name for her?" 

"None yet," she spoke, "It's a waste of time." 

"Then let's name her. I say... Ratatouille?" he suggested. 

"I say Satan." 

"...Interesting. Let's ask the others." 

(a/n: the title is just me fangirling idk 

welcome to another one of my caffeine-driven chapters! and in this state, lemme tell you something: at max, we've got like 6-7 chapters left in this book :")) 

yes, I'm gonna miss this one. i already do, and IM STILL WRITING IT 

Also, to those who said that Eunha can get the Grim Reaper's bones eaten by a dog: Y'ALL DO REALIZE THAT HE'S INVISIBLE TO EVERYONE RIII? YA GONNA GIVE AN INVISIBLE BONE TO A DOG? 

lmao the brain cells I'm applying at 5 AM 

Anyways, did you like this cute chapter? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)