Chapter 29: About To Punch The Grim Reaper

Pranking someone was easy, but saving someone was one hell of a task -- Eunha realized as she sat in the Fine Arts class with Jeongin, both of them working on their canvases before their easels. She gazed briefly at her so-called boyfriend, who was focused on his artwork. Meanwhile, she didn't know the difference between oil paints and acrylic paints. 

But that was not the point. This handsome, flirty boy was in great danger. 

She looked to the side, where the Grim Reaper was sitting on a camp chair spread out for him, sipping iced tea and watching the two. She glowered at him endlessly -- to the point where the skeletal bag of bullshit was actually scared of her. But then, he reminded himself that the great Mommy Devil was in his favor, so he shrugged and sipped his drink.

"I'm firing you once I get back," she murmured at him spitefully. 

"Huh?" Jeongin asked, peeking from the side of his easel and eyeing her in pure curiosity -- she was mad as heck. And he didn't know why (thanks, ms. obvious). 

"I'm about to punch him," she grumbled, and he looked where her line of sight was, and it lead nowhere, just the floor of the classroom. 

"Who?" 

"The Gr-" she stopped herself halfway through, and then looked at Jeongin, lying, "You."

"I'm sorry, I'm not into punching fetish." 

He giggled when she chucked her spare paintbrush at him. 

"Why do you wanna punch me?" Jeongin spoke as the bell rang, and they packed their material and walked out of the room, walking closely. 

"I just do. Especially since..." since you tried to kiss me; it made me feel weird -- she wanted to say, but then, she realized that since time had been reversed, he wouldn't even remember the scene when they were almost about to kiss, "You know what? Nevermind." 

Eunha walked faster than him, knowing that the school hours had ended. She was heading back to her own dorm room, about to plan something to kill the Grim Reaper. 

Wait. 

Killing the Grim Reaper? That sounded interesting. 

Except it might have serious repercussions... like humans never dying but rotting away instead. And she wouldn't wish that upon humans now; call it character development or the effect of living with these species for too long, but now that she had gotten close to eight boys, she had a tad bit of an idea that Hell wasn't the only place where paradise could exist. Also because then humans would be immortal and that would steal her thunder. 

"Hey, Eunha! Wait!" Jeongin called from behind, but she walked out of the academic premises and into the dormitory building. The boy dodged the security guards as he sneaked up behind Eunha, and running after her, he finally caught up to her before she could close her door.

"What do you want, Yang Jeongin?" she asked, inwardly craving the time with him. 

"Let me in," he whined, and right before she was about to deny it, she remembered that he was still in danger. Without another thought, she swung open the door, pulled him inside, and shut the door harshly.  

"What... is wrong with you?" he asked incredulously. 

"Nothing, I'm just stressed," she exasperatedly sighed. Jeongin walked over to her and held her cold hands with his warm ones, knowing certainly that she would relax in them. And she did. 

Eunha couldn't put into words how worried she had suddenly become. Before this day, she hadn't even known or felt 'stress' or 'worry', but now, she had become no stranger to those emotions. However, holding his hands silently was her love language; she felt comfortable in them, she felt like her world wouldn't collapse on her just at that moment. 

"Now tell me, what happened?" he gently asked, bringing her to her bed and sitting her down on the edge. He sat on the ground before her, his hands still enveloping hers in a soothing manner. 

"What?" 

"You just said you're stressed. What is it about? And don't give me the exams bullshit; I know they don't matter to you." 

She sighed, wishing that it was the exams she'd rather be worried about. 

(a/n: WRITTEN ON THE SAME DAY AS THE PREVIOUS TWO CHAPTERS AHAHAHAHA CAFFEINE HIGH GO BRRRR 

[update: same day, 6:44 PM: I'm still energetic] 

[update pt.2: next day: I'm publishing this now and i had to write an assignment for like 3 hours so im drained what is energy anymore]

DID Y'ALL LIKE THISSSS? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)