Chapter 25: She Hates Pencil Heels

"Jeongin."

"Yeah?" the boy looked back at Eunha, who had just called for him in the middle of the lecture. 

"What do you wear to a party?" she asked, furtively hoping to look good... for him. Honestly, she always looked good, but this time, she wanted to opt for a look he would like. Call it I-have-a-crush behavior, but she wanted to catch his eye. 

Little did she know that she was the only one he wanted to see. 

"Well," Jeongin turned around, "Off-topic, but it feels nice that you're calling me by my name. I like it coming from your mouth, you know?" he winked, and she rolled her eyes, breaking a pencil into two as she tried to show her exasperation. 

Seeing that, he chuckled, "Alright, alright. You can wear a dress there. I know that black is all that you wear, but I think red would suit you so much." 

"Red..." she mumbled, and then pushed his head away to the front to tell him that the conversation was over. 

Now, where would she get a red dress from? 

--- 

Easy. Through stealing, of course. Not once has she done something socially acceptable or legal anyway. 

And currently, she had swapped clothes witha a random girl her size, who was wearing an actually pretty red a-line dress. Now, that poor girl was stuck with a highschool uniform in the middle of a party. The look on her face was priceless, though.

And trying to walk in her heels was hard as heck; who the fuck invented pencil heels? Perhaps a menace to the society. Now, Eunha would side with that menace, just because he is one, but the bastard had invented heels. It was a love-hate relationship she had for the person (who has probably died years ago, but who cares?).

Jeongin stood at the entrance of the club, waiting for her, and as soon as he laid eyes on the frowning yet gorgeous Queen walking towards him, his eyes lit up. She tried to walk gracefully, just as she usually did, but those uncomfortable heels made it impossible for her to maintain her gait.

"Fuck these heels. I cannot even walk straight," she complained, grumbling and frowning. Her lips formed a natural pout, and her eyebrows were furrowed in.

Was it weird that Jeongin wanted to kiss her right there and then?

Standing by the side of the road, Eunha noticed that it was just the two of them in clear sight. The rest of the students that had been accidentally invited were inside the club, and the road was dark and deserted. The two of them stood at the midpoint of two street lights, just a hint of their light shining on them from above. Faint sounds of music could be heard, if paid attention to, and the wind was blowing past them very calmly, as if in a soothing rhythm.

"You look so pretty, Your Highness," Jeongin smiled, his dimples showing and his eyes creasing.

"Thank you...? How do I respond to that?" she spat, embarrassed.

"Maybe with a compliment back?" he teased.

"Alright... uh," she looked at him, as he was adorning ripped, black jeans, and a  denim jacket over a white t-shirt. His hair were styled just like every day, falling on his forehead, but he looked amazing, too. She searched for something to say that sounded like a compliment, because honestly, she had never even attempted that. So she scanned his face — his eyes concentrated on her, his nose perfectly angled, and his lips looking rather kissable.

Weird thought, Jung Eunha.

And so, deep in thought, she muttered, "I like your lips."

He raised his eyebrows, smirking, "Wanna know how they feel like?"

"Uh..." she averted her eyes, wondering how Yang Jeongin could possibly make her lose her tough exterior so easily every damn time.

Jeongin stepped closer to her, and cautiously placed his hands on her (snatched) waist, drawing her close to him gently as well.

Eunha almost let out a gasp, and for once, she felt like a human; she felt content and safe, and probably in absolute desire of kissing someone. She liked him, and the fact remained as it was.

So, as soon as his face inched closer to hers, his eyes closed, she forgot about her tough exterior and about her walls breaking down, and breathed, "I..."

Eunha was about to close her eyes when she heard a car's screech, and opening her eyes fully, she saw that a car was rushing at full speed towards them. It seemed as if the driver was drunk, and as it neared the two of them, she pushed Jeongin away and pushed her hand forward towards the car, making the car come to an abrupt halt, and to topple down and fall upside down.

"Fuck!" Jeongin yelled, and he rushed to the car to check on the driver.

Eunha stood in absolute shock when Jeongin looked at her from the car, shivering, "...He's dead!"

So she had finally killed someone. Even though it was unintentional, she had completed her mission. And that was it.

She felt horrible for doing it for the first time, especially to someone innocent. It was messed up, so messed up.

The Deviless closed her eyes to breathe, and when she opened her eyes, there was no sight of Jeongin, or the car, or even the club. Instead, her mother stood before her, arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

The Deviless was finally back in Hell.

(a/n: eeeeek hi :D

DON'T WORRY; THE HUMOR AIN'T DEAD AND THE STORY AIN'T COMPLETED YET!!

I told you, we'd have a plot twist ahahaha

did you like thissss?

thanks for reading! I love you!)