Chapter 35: She Scared The Grim Reaper

Eunha ended up with a broken foot. Thankfully, that was the only part of hers that was broken, all because she wasn't a simple human. If an actual human had fallen from that height, they would have broken more than just one bone -- perhaps cracked open their skull, even. 

Currently, in a hospital near their school, Jeongin, Felix, and Minho were waiting for Eunha to get herself plastered up and get the ointments prescribed. 

"For the last time, I did not voluntarily jump off the stairs," she exasperatedly sighed at Minho's repetitive question. 

"Then how could you possibly fall from there?" Felix asked, suspicious. 

"I slipped?" 

"Never thought the Deviless would be so clumsy," Minho rubbed his temples. 

Jeongin came to her side and rubbed her shoulder, "Are you feeling alright?" 

"Yeah. What could possibly happen to me?" 

He smiled a dimpled grin, and she eased up. The doctor walked in and gave them the prescription, advising them on how to deal with the fracture and telling them about the protocols. Jeongin earnestly listened and nodded, and she just sat there, wondering what the Grim Reaper would do next. 

He was really outpassing himself with these techniques, she noted. 

The boys called for a cab, and the entire way back to the dorms, Eunha sat quietly, looking out of the window. They passed by several buildings, several stores, and as the car came to a temporary halt at the crossing, she saw that same cafe where she had first found the 'liquid drug'. She unconsciously smiled at the memory; it was getting her nostalgic. 

And, to her surprise, the girl who had spilled her coffee on her dress -- the original target of the Deviless -- emerged out of the cafe, laughing and sipping her drink. 

Thinking about it, those days seemed so easy; when she was not attached to a single human, had to just kill and return, and was not engaged emotionally with eight boys. Now, here she was, with a plaster on her foot and a prescription in her hands. The car moved again, and she was taken past that cafe, on her way to the school dormitories. 

They reached, and Felix helped her out of the car. Since she could not really stand for long and had to climb stairs to reach her room, Jeongin wordlessly scooped her tiny form in his arms and began to climb up the stairs. She squeaked when she was suddenly raised from the ground, but did not protest any longer. She knew that she could have teleported, but she couldn't leave Jeongin alone; not for a single minute. That bitchass could attack him anytime, and now, she couldn't risk it. 

Climbing up the stairs, with Felix cheering for Jeongin "NEVER MISS BICEP DAY! NEVER MISS BICEP DAY!" they reached her room, and to her surprise, the room's door was left ajar. They walked in and saw the rest of the boys inside the chamber, chaotically resting inside. That did not make sense, but the rules of regular society do not apply to these boys, apparently. 

"EUNHA!" Jisung noticed them walking in first, "ARE YOU OKAY?" 

"Yeah-" 

"I THOUGHT YOU DIED!" Hyunjin sobbed. 

"Dude, she was literally speaking as she went to the hospital," Minho deadpanned. 

"IT'S THE SENTIMENT THAT COUNTS!" Hyunjin wiped his tears off, genuinely dramatic.

"Guys, make some space!" Jeongin cut through, "She has to rest!" 

Eunha was placed on the bed very carefully, with her injured leg cautiously put on the mattress and covered with a blanket. The others sat on her bed and the study desk's chair, and roamed around in the limited space, all of them trying to light up the mood after her sudden injury. 

All of them were shaken by her sudden fall from the staircase, and ever since then, they had all been troubled; they were truly concerned for her, especially since she was so close to them now. It felt like she was family to them. When she had come back, they felt relieved that she was alright. And to lift the mood, everyone was uttering nonsense to make the others happy. This was how they thrived -- it was one big family, and everyone was equally essential in there. 

Eunha, even though she appreciated their very obvious conscious efforts to make the others laugh, was looking at the Grim Reaper, who was sitting in the corner of the room. 

And he held a huge knife in his boney hands. 

She breathed hard; she was thinking of how to protect Jeongin at the given moment, because she could sense that the skeleton dude was not going to hold back anymore. It had been weeks since he had arrived, and other than twerking and sipping on drinks, he had failed his duty countless times. She knew that he was scared of her mother. 

So, when the Grim Reaper rose, she clutched onto her bedsheet tightly. She searched for Jeongin frantically, and realized that he was standing right next to Chan, who was two steps away from the Grim Reaper. 

This was going down. No, no, no... 

She could not lose Jeongin. Never.

"STOP IT!" Eunha yelled, and everyone halted to look at her, screaming at absolutely nothing. 

The Grim Reaper stopped walking, and looked at her, who was ragefully glowering at him. Even in Hell, he had never seen her so furious -- no one else had either, for that matter. She was so angered; it felt like a wildly raging flame that they could often see in Hell. She was so, so furious. 

"Eunha, what happe-" Changbin couldn't complete when she yelled out again, 

"CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE?" her lower lip quivered, but she couldn't cry -- because, after all, she wasn't a human. 

The Grim Reaper stood in absolute fear. 

"YOU CANNOT KILL JEONGIN AS LONG AS I'M HERE!" 

"...What?" Jeongin questioned, agape. 

Eunha looked at him, and with her body trembling with anger, she spewed, 

"They cannot kill you! My mom... he cannot kill you as long as I'm with you, Jeongin!" 

(a/n: oh shit it got serious. gets more serious in the next chapter, though- 

THE NEXT ONE IS THE FINAL CHAPTER... AND WE ALSO HAVE AN EPILOGUE!! :DD 

did you like this? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)