Chapter 32: The Squirrel Is A Drug Addict

(a/n: bro why is everyone getting married to the Grim Reaper, what did he do) 

About two weeks had passed in a snap, and all this time, the Grim Reaper had been trying to kill Jeongin. That sly bag of bones with a Kim Kardashian attitude kept appearing everywhere Eunha and Jeongin went; to the extent of sipping tea and listening closely when Hyunjin had some gossip from his Math class. 

Readers, he is not husband material. Bang Chan is, Jeong Yunho is, Kim Namjoon is, but please, what do you see in a bag of bones? 

Eunha had gotten so stressed about Jeongin's safety that she could not fall asleep -- and that was huge proof of her worry. Currently, at 3 AM, she was sitting on the chair in front of her study table, planning how to get rid of the Grim Reaper while the faint sound of WAP sounded from some other room in the building; if she could have given the Grim Reaper's bones to stray dogs, she would have. However, dogs don't have an appetite for invisible bones straight from Hell. 

Sighing, she called up Jeongin, forgetting the time. After exactly two rings, he picked up, "Your Highness." 

"Are you alright? Were you sleeping?" she asked in concern.

Jeongin, from the other end of the call, was as concerned as her, because she was acting uncharacteristically for the past two weeks. Although he appreciated the change, he wanted to know what caused it, "No, I wasn't. We have our Literature presentation tomorrow, so I'm preparing for it." 

"Oh, yeah. Hyunjin, Jisung, and I have it, too," she nonchalantly spoke. 

"Have you prepared anything yet?"

"Nah, I don't care." 

"Eunha, it carries, like, 20 marks in our final grade!" 

"Ugh, do I have to do it?" she painfully framed her next sentence, "And I... once I do what I'm here for, I'm returning to Hell, anyway..." 

Jeongin remained silent for a minute, extremely saddened when the realization hit him: she was not going to live here for the rest of their lives. That epiphany was hurtful, and he mumbled, "Yeah..."

"I'll ask Hyunjin and Jisung if I can join in," she suddenly spoke, and somehow, that relieved Jeongin, albeit in the smallest way possible. The fact that she was preparing for something that was beneficial for her in the long run confirmed how she herself wanted to stay here. 

"Hey, Eunha?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Why don't you stay here... forever?" 

I would if I could. 

"I..." she had no words, and then she looked around to see the Grim Reaper twerking on her bed, "I don't think this is the right place for me. I'm the Deviless, right?" 

"Yeah... see you tomorrow." 

Both of them hung up, and she sighed, leaning back on her chair. And then she called up Hyunjin, "Hey." 

Only the sound of snores came from the other end. 

"Hello? Hyunjin? Are you there, pest? HELLO?" 

A loud snore irritated her ears and she hung up, concluding that he had probably picked it up accidentally while sleeping -- how does a person do that? 

Next, she dialed Jisung's number. He picked it up in an instant, "EUNHA!" 

"Ouch, energy!" she distanced the phone from her ear because the squirrel had yelled too loudly and too full of energy. 

"Sorry, I'm just sleep-deprived and am running on five glasses of iced americano," his pitch was still at its peak. 

"Okay, drug addict? And what about tomorrow's presentation?" 

"THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M WORKING ON!" 

"CAN YOU LOWER YOUR VOLUME?" 

"BUT I'M NOT PLAYING ANY SONG!" 

Eunha sighed, "LOWER YOUR PITCH AND LISTEN, BITCH-" 

"OH, MY GOD! YOU ARE A POET! WILLIAM WORDSWORTH WHO?" Jisung maniacally laughed, "CAN YOU BE A PART OF MY PRESENTATION TOMORROWWWWW?" 

"Yes! Now get some fucking sleep!" 

She hung up, and then turned to look at the Grim Reaper, who just threw it back. 

"What am I even watching?" 

(a/n: the grim reaper got that swag aye 

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEXT CHAPTER ISTG BEC I SURE WILL!!! :DD 

Did you like thissss? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)